About the job
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG Global Audience Development is seeking a Director, Consumer Marketing Technology to lead building out critical audience development and consumer marketing technologies that empower UMG marketing teams to connect the best artists in the world to their best fans in the world. In this role you will assess and evaluate, and recommend new and nascent marketing technologies and solutions, you will own the process of gathering, understanding, scrutinizing, and prioritizing business technology requirements for purposes of a high-level roadmap and detailed delivery plan. You will also work collaboratively with UMG Technology, Legal, and other pertinent teams to solve problems and unlock value for the business. This is a unique opportunity to help transform how music marketers around the world deliver exceptional music experiences to artists and their fans.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Define the vision, principles, and priorities for consumer marketing technology workstreams to develop a high-level roadmap and detailed delivery plans that address UMG’s most important audience marketing problems and opportunities.
- Clearly articulate this vision, opportunities and challenges, and show how the roadmap aligns with the broader team’s goals and priorities.
- Become intimately familiar with global stakeholders’ business needs, plans, and trends in order to guide the evaluations and ensure strong representation of their needs against vendors and solutions. This may include influencing them to reframe their ambitions to more reasonable or, in some cases, demanding clear understanding, and justification of what is being asked and why for purpose of prioritization; and can sufficiently defend.
- Partner with analysts, data engineers, developers, and delivery teams to define requirements, develop, test, and deliver high-quality audience marketing solutions that address core business questions and operational needs.
- Establish an objective, transparent and repeatable process for enterprise-level marketing solutions. Not exhaustive, but include – vendor score-card models, documented requirements gathering and synthesis processes, stakeholder involvement and commercial evaluation models. As part of the above, develop formulas and processes to objectively determine business requirement short-listing and prioritization.
- Act as UMG’s subject matter expert on the best-in-class audience and marketing technology vendors, solutions, and use cases around our current marketing technology needs. Guide the organization to improve ways at looking at tools and the best, most pragmatic approach to evolving the business capabilities towards a more evolved future state.
- Develop business cases and ROI projections for new marketing technology investments, running the end to end process of benchmarking costs and forecasting out business impacts and potential in order to get approval and funding support to bring in new solutions.
- Provide thought leadership on new and emerging one-to-one marketing solutions that support our artists and labels in achieving their goals. Ensure a pipeline of innovative solutions is built and that we are offering proof of concept opportunities to our client pool as part of our commitment.
Bring your VIBE:
- 7-10+ years in product management, platform development especially in data and martech
- Knowledge and experience with marketing and database technologies and systems (consumer data platforms, email service providers, analytics and BI, data lake, etc.)
- Hand on experience having implemented and run CRM solutions for scaled consumer businesses, including campaign management solutions, ESPs, SMS solutions, CDPs, marketing analytics tools (DotDigital, Lytics, Google Analytics, BigQuery experience a plus)
- Superior project management and interpersonal skills, experience working in an Agile development model and collaboration software (Monday.com, Jira, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Maintains a sense of curiosity, positivity and problem-solving creativity while under pressure
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Marketing technology background and have a high-level understanding of the data and data science terminology, and the unique challenges associated with the domain
- Be a natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside for the good of the team and our artists and labels
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, with strong persuasion, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, strong ability to complete work under pressure on tight deadlines, logical thinking, curious, self-motivated
- Comfort solving problems in an ambiguous, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Passion for music is strongly preferred
Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer