We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship.
We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Director, International Digital Commerce to be a part of Universal Music Enterprises under their Commercial Marketing team. This role will focus on maximizing our marketing and commercial reach while developing and shaping our agreed streaming strategies globally with high-level streaming services. The role will partner with our labels/managers/artists to develop global commerce marketing campaigns that strategize the best course to market for their catalog and releases, a role specializing across all genres. The role will work in tandem with the various UMe departments & our international territories under the direction of the SVP of Commerce, Digital.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Drive commerce marketing and promotional initiatives with high-level streaming services and internal international teams to maximize revenue and exposure for our artists.
- Develop expert knowledge of territory streaming services and best practices, communicating insights to UMe international and commerce teams to ensure local opportunities are fully realized.
- Propose and execute global marketing and platform campaigns with timely featured positioning & partner marketing support for UMe new releases, catalog and other strategic initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships across multiple areas within our global streaming partners including content, editorial, social, product marketing, sponsorships, operations, reporting, executive levels, and related 3rd party service providers.
- Effectively communicate insights, analysis, opportunities and recommendations with partners and international teams to improve our mutual businesses.
- Lead frequent partner calls and business presentations with our global streaming partners and global counterparts.
- Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, opportunities and other account activities to international departments, labels and artist management teams.
- Ability to solve operations, reporting, technology, and business issues to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work closely with research and analytical teams on identifying market trends, partner and consumer insights, identifying marketing opportunities, and understanding consumer behaviour.
- Oversite and management of UMe’s global playlist brand/curator profile, uDiscover.
Bring your VIBE:
- Demonstrated experience with high-level streaming services.
- International marketing experience a plus.
- Prior experience in account/client management and digital content marketing / intellectual properties.
- 5 years prior experience with digital content services or digital service provider’s
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to take broad campaign concepts and translate into global partner-specific initiatives that result in sales/streams and impressions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple global priorities.
- Ability to work with global teams understanding local cultural differences.
- Ability to understand operations, delivery processes, supply chain, metadata and technology issues.
- Ability to manage internal department systems and partner backend interfaces.
- Understanding of global consumer insights and segmentation practices.
- Must be well versed in presenting to partners, internal global stakeholders and senior-level executives.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills & follow through.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Keynote.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.