Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group, providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline’s artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
Universal Music Group is looking for a Director/Manager Digital Marketing to be a part of the Caroline/Capitol Marketing Team located in Hollywood, CA who will oversee and direct aspects of day-to-day digital creative and online marketing management.
Responsible for creating and executing marketing and promotional plans across all areas of online including all company portals and distribution partners, artist website, social media, new technology, CRM, SEM/SEO, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce.
Responsible for nurturing and leveraging relationships with our label partners, artists and their management teams, and for strategizing on the best digital campaigns for them. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach and revenue. Responsible for managing and interpreting departmental reports and partner data.
- Manage creation, build, edits of online properties (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Official Website and other sites appropriate to artist)
- Direct and approve creative process for all internal and external site builds
- Compile 90-Day plans, editorial calendars for content management purposes across online properties
- Manage larger initiatives coming out of key marketing and distribution partners
- Manage blog/site outreach, secure features and develop relationship with online partners
- Assess new partners and recognize opportunity
- Brainstorm and manage contests, giveaways, and other digital projects for the duration of the project
- Manage email marketing communications throughout project
- Report on analytics across online properties to Project Manager and others as needed; ensure audience development and growth in online engagement
- Assign tasks for interns – video edits, research, blogger outreach, analytics reports, etc.
- Direct/manage relations with independent marketing companies
- Conceptualize and manage delivery of assets for all content driven promotions
- Manage, analyze and report on performance of online initiatives
- Experience strategizing and executing digital marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you’ve worked on)
- Experience securing online press coverage and features.
- Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies
- Must have strong relationships and vision to work with social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram, as well as, helo with marketing initiatives with partners like Spotify and VEVO
- Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
- Advanced level artist relations and/or third party distribution experience in a consumer-focused 4+years-experience digital marketing
- Knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
- College degree preferred
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.