It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group has a Commercial Partnerships department whose core role is to drive and develop digital initiatives as a central entity and to act as a centre of excellence for all territories by co-ordinating and supporting streaming partner requirements.
One main aspect of UMG’s Commercial Affairs function is the management of digital partners, which span a large number of territories. As the number of key partners managed by UMG continues to grow, the focus on co-ordination, providing support and reaching targets with territories is greater than ever. The Commercial Partnerships team is looking to recruit a Partnerships Manager to manage the key relationship with ByteDance (TikTok/Douyin), Snap and Triller. Additionally, the Manager will need to work closely with territories across UMG to share/implement and maintain best practices of working with these key partners.
We are looking for a music or tech industry professional who is able to manage and execute multiple large projects with external partners while maintaining positive relationships (ideally somebody who speaks Mandarin). The Partnerships Manager will be the main point of contact within UMG for every aspect of the account. This includes liaising with other team members in Commercial Affairs, International Marketing, Production, Business Affairs, Business Development, Consumer Marketing, Sales Reporting and Finance as well as escalating issues to Senior Management.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Build deep and maintain excellent relationships internally and externally with partner organizations across all functions (at all levels)
- Be the key contact for all partner needs, defining and executing on the long-term partner relationship
- Work with the VP of Commercial Partnerships and Senior Management within the Commercial Affairs team to understand business objectives and sales key performance indicators
- Work closely with business analysts within the Commercial Affairs function to assess results, forecast sales and analyze sales data from digital partners to establish trends and drive recommendations to relevant parts of the business
- Manage all aspects of the global relationship between Universal Music Group and European manage relationships and serve as the main point of contact for a number of European based digital partners as well as provide support to other US led digital partners
- Provide detailed analysis of all potential partners and identify which are top prospects based on UMG’s goals and needs
- Drive to identify new product initiatives and business development opportunities within the account and work with internal teams to ensure these opportunities happen
- Negotiate marketing plans and influence partners to meet Universal’s digital marketing objectives
- Review and present the overall performance of the partners on a regular basis
- Coordinate gratis marketing budget allocation, spend and reporting across 20 countries
- Communicate and co-ordinate all aspects of the account announcements/developments and artist campaigns to the Universal Music Group operating companies within each territory
- Mandarin will be beneficial
- Very strong relationship management skills
- Experience working within the technology/online advertising industry
- Previous work history in partnership management
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
- High degree of comfort in senior executive settings
- Healthy self-confidence balanced with humility. Respect for others and the desire to work in a highly collaborative, but sometimes challenging environment
- Ability to remaining calm and positive in an often-pressured environment
- Strong work ethic and proactive nature
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple projects, must have strong project management, time management, problem solving, organizational development and analytical skills
- Well organised with the ability to plan and deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communicator, negotiator and presenter
- Proactive approach to work, constantly seeking improvement in all areas
- Excellent IT skills; must be proficient in Keynote and Excel or equivalent
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.