Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group & Brands is the dedicated brand agency of Universal Music Group, creating innovative and tailor-made business solutions for brands. We use Music & Entertainment to create innovative and differentiated customer propositions for our brand partners to help them grow their business by their turning customers into fans.
We are currently looking for a Brand Partnerships Manager to integrate into the Global Brand Partnerships Team in charge of closing deals with global brand partners, handling agency relationships and developing growth & monetizing strategies for UMGB.
This candidate will primarily focus on supporting the Global Brand Partnerships Director in answering briefs from global brands and agencies, but also on long-term, strategic projects inherent to the success of UMGB.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Assist the Global Brand Manager & Global Brand Director on answering global brand and agency briefs.
- Build and own a sales pipeline alongside the rest of the team.
- Prospect for new brand and agency contacts.
- Pitch and present to qualified leads and existing clients.
- Pitch and present new proposals to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare CRM reports and updates on sales activity for senior management
- Answer briefs from global brands by analyzing market reports and large data sets to come up with a strategic recommendation.
- Support global UMG stakeholder’s local teams with large-scale initiatives pertaining to activities strategic to the group (e.g., influencers, live, classical music…)
- Identify revenue opportunities within or outside UMG by devising new business models around under-monetized assets and/or create new products.
- Design go-to-market strategies to implement the new opportunities identified.
- Work hand-in-hand with cross-functional teams including data & insights, creative, media buying, legal & label relationships to answer briefs.
- Management of the Global Brand Partnerships Intern.
- Provide ad-hoc resource to local UMG teams on cherry-picked initiatives
- Provide occasional support to the Global Head of New Business
Create clear, compelling presentations with PowerPoint and/or Keynote to formulate response to brand briefs and to thought leadership conferences.
- Strong passion for Music
- Strong analytical skills & business flair
- Experience within management consulting, marketing or strategic planning is a plus
- Experience using data management software (e.g. Tableau) and/or in media buying is a plus
- Capacity to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, work to tight deadlines and have a strong sense of initiative
- Computer skills required (proficient in PowerPoint, Excel is essential)
High-level marketing / business schools or solid degree in Marketing and Communication
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.