It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy, or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UMC is the label responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless, and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences across multiple entry points and platforms and keep the world listening. From The Beatles to Massive Attack, through to the soundtracks of Disney and new albums from legends such as The Specials, UMC develops strategies across audio, video, marketing, social, streaming and product development.
Our vision is a world where music doesn’t have a sell-by date. We believe music is timeless and as guardians of the best music catalogues in the world, we use our passion and knowledge to help people find their new favourite song, whether it is 2 days or 2 decades old.
Our purpose is to continually spark a connection and reconnection with music that matters drawing on new content, new platforms, and new moments. We give momentarily forgotten music the chance to reconnect with new and unexpected audiences through great storytelling regardless of generation and genre.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Reporting to the Head of Audience Development, you’ll be responsible for the planning, delivery, measurement, and success of our year-round audience development work. As a core member of the marketing department you will be responsible for growing audiences for our catalogue across key digital channels to deepen fandom and boost consumption.
The label will look to you to simultaneously drive innovation and embed proven best practice, ensuring different audiences continue to discover and rediscover the world of amazing recordings held within our catalogue. This will require navigating the ever-evolving digital landscape to tap into culture, build strategic partnerships and weave new methods of storytelling to enhance an artist’s legacy.
- Delivery of Audience Development
- Utilise data and research to understand and identify audience growth opportunities
- Create strategic alignment with cross-functional teams including A&R, Marketing, Creative Content, Planning and Commercial to deliver one integrated plan
- Build relationships with teams in the international team and other global markets, seeking opportunities to collaborate and deliver truly global activity
- Work closely with artists and management teams to agree shared objectives and sell-in resulting long-term plans
- Research, select and manage digital agency partners as deemed necessary to deliver work we cannot manage in-house
- Lead the formulation and execution of best-in-class digital marketing to grow bigger and more engaged audiences for our catalogue
- Take responsibility for the growth of audiences across key digital channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and eCRM among others
- Develop new storytelling methods to culturally connect with new fans & super fans alike
- Bring original digital ideas and concepts to the table, deliver industry-firsts, and oversee asset production with internal / external teams as appropriate
- Employ advanced measurement to make the most of our ability to test, learn and optimise, proving successes and explaining failures to enrich future activity
- Prudently manage the allocation and expenditure of marketing budgets
- Guide more junior members of the team and handle direct line management where necessary.
- You love music
- You are a versatile digital marketer with experience and a proven track record of growing highly engaged digital audiences and successfully developing those you line manage
- You deeply understand culture including domestic and global trends.
- You’re a great communicator with strong influencing skills & experience conveying creative ideas & plans to internal & external stakeholders
- You have deep knowledge of audiences including subcultures, niche behaviours and media habits
- You are well versed in how brands and music feature on major digital platforms, with an operational understanding of how to manage each platform and content best practices
- You are confident assessing large data sets and deriving insight to help inform our approach
- You are openly collaborative by nature and get energy bringing people together
- You are comfortable in a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment
- You’re motivated by long-term vision and strategy, delivering work that links to overarching goals
- A keen eye for cutting-edge creative content
- You possess a working knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop
- You are skilled with Microsoft Office programs, notably Excel and PowerPoint
- You are highly organised and possess strong project management skills
- You have excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills and the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Openly Collaborative; we work as one. Culturally Connected; we mine for insight. Freedom To Explore; we break patterns & Loud & Proud; we celebrate achievements.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)