It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
In this role you will be accountable for the overall growth of audience driven KPIs and best practice strategies across international markets. This includes, but is not limited to setting targets, developing strategies and getting growth plans in place with key markets to achieve goals.
You will be expected to lead insights, analytics and growth opportunity assessments for review with the Audience Development & Consumer Marketing leadership teams to guide where, across markets, focusing on growth initiatives that will achieve macro goals.
You will be responsible for setting goals and targets and conduct territory performance reviews to identify development opportunities and develop plans and initiatives to drive growth. Responsible, in partnership with the central Audience Development team, evolving the sophistication of KPIs used to evaluate success and grow impact.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Responsible for campaign governance and compliance of local territory’s CRM acquisition and engagement practices. Elevate best practice adherence across all region
- Understanding, synthesizing and advocating most valuable business requirements from marketing teams across 45 territories to drive development of global audience tools to achieve growth targets. Be able to document, rationalize and defend prioritization of international marketing needs into central tech stack
- Bring related thought leadership into markets and help elevate an e-mail centric approach to one that is routed in audience insight, robust segmentation and omni-channel execution
- In partnership with VP, help elevate the role of the group from of, self-service, support model to a full-service consulting team that directly impacts performance improvement
- Develop team and expertise to build a high performing and results driven culture
- Ensuring team provides high quality best practice consultation
- Identify development opportunities and assist in the training of functional areas to improve consumer engagement and acquisition
- Develop and implement audience initiatives across UMG’s international markets for both global priority artists and local territory repertoire
- Work with identified markets to help implement strategic audience growth strategies to build valuable UMG, artist and territory audiences at scale
- Proven track record in data marketing
- Experienced performance marketer – strong testing, optimization and growth planning experience (across channels) and unique audience segments a must
- Experience in the use of sophisticated, CRM marketing solutions and technology with practical working knowledge of segmentation, targeting, omni-channel orchestration, automation and testing
- Proven track record for driving revenue growth through multi-channel and audience focused campaigns (ideally in fast paced consumer businesses)
- Strong marketing analytics acumen – experience producing robust diagnostic, multi-channel or audience focused analysis and reporting. Strong analytics visualization skills.
- Experience of working in some capacity or role on a build or migration project of large-scale consumer marketing systems
- Hands on experience using consumer data platforms/database marketing tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Campaign, Lytics and Dotdigital for consumer marketing campaigns
- Previous marketing experience in an international capacity
- Highly proficient in Excel, HTML, SQL and CSS
- Experience of identifying and driving development of emerging technologies across international markets
- Proven experience in setting the strategic agenda regarding audience and data while driving the implementation of that strategy through the business
- Team management and development experience
- Ability to communicate to and build relationships with people from all seniority levels and diverse cultures
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to cope with multiple projects and business areas at the same time
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple (and sometimes) conflicting stakeholder requirements
- Excellent communicator and diplomacy skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate locally and internationally, align global strategies, deliver business objectives and meet KPIs.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Passion for data and marketing innovation
- Able to travel
- Languages are a plus
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.