Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
How we LEAD:
UMe is seeking a passionate music enthusiast with A&R experience, deep catalog music knowledge, experience with video production and strong music business background to join our catalog A&R team as the Manager of A&R. This role reports to the VP, A&R and is based in Santa Monica, CA.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Research, pitch and produce financially & commercially viable video, digital and physical releases from the Universal Music Group catalog across all artists and genres
- Manage & coordinate full A&R lifecycle, from research to recording/production process to product release
- Identify repertoire, specifically video elements, for commercial exploitation through archive research and asset management
- Oversee and be accountable for project expenditures & budgets
- Provide efficient and effective research data and assets across a wide variety artists and genres
- Maintain strict quality control of products & releases
Bring your VIBE:
- Deep catalog knowledge with an archivist/researcher like mindset across a wide range of music genres, artists and music products and strong understanding of the music industry & recording methods and technology
- Familiarity with video production tasks including archiving, up-res’ing and restoring content from a wide range of historical video and film formats
- Create, assemble, manage third parties and QC video projects including Blu-ray titles
- Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, prioritize and work well under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Must be current on today’s music industry environment including streaming/digital platforms
- Work well independently, take initiative, identify potential issues & successfully problem-solve with sound business deliverables
- Effectively optimize processes and efficiencies, and manage budgets
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), along with a high aptitude for learning new software programs.
- 3+ years’ experience in the music business, preferably with catalog/heritage music and knowledge of recording methods and technology
- Experience successfully managing A&R and budget process for a product release from origination to product completion
- Proven track record initiating, originating, managing and successfully completing all relevant aspects of recorded music releases and projects
- Knowledge and experience in digital/streaming formats & platforms including playlist compilations, programming, and content curation
- Bachelor’s degree required in music, marketing, communication, business, or related major preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!