Administrative Assistant – Finance
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD
Position’s primary duties are to support the North American CFO, SVP of Finance, and VP/Controller of Commercial Services, with secondary duties to provide general departmental support to other Finance staff as required. The ideal candidate will come from music or entertainment, preferably within the finance or accounting areas. Previous experience supporting a high-level executive is required. Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude and passion for the music industry are essential.
How you’ll CREATE
Primary Responsibilities (for CFO, SVP & VP/Controller):
- Heavy calendar management (Outlook): arrange meetings and conference calls via telephone, Zoom, and email.
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Proactively prepare and remind executives for meetings.
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings.
- Coordinate and prioritize incoming verbal and email requests, including facilitating time sensitive signatures and approvals.
- Prepare and process expense reports.
- Book conference rooms and handle any associated food service, facilities or AV needs.
- Book restaurant reservations, travel, accommodations, & car services as needed.
- Additional administrative tasks as requested
Secondary Responsibilities (General Departmental Support):
- Work closely with other assistants to facilitate general workflow.
- Serve as cashier for in-house check printing for Santa Monica office.
- Organize guest spaces and handle needs for internal and external finance guests visiting Santa Monica office.
- Arrange meetings for other finance staff as requested.
- Promptly address any IT or Facilities issues.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Maintain finance distribution lists and familiarity with general finance staff.
- Serve as point person for finance questions coming from non-finance staff.
- Point person for department goal setting system – work closely with People Development team to facilitate.
- Other projects as assigned.
Bring your VIBE
- BA degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting a high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience supporting more than one executive.
- Administrative experience in music, entertainment, accounting or finance is highly preferred.
Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior
- Management, as well as external contacts.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching.
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round).
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service).
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones.
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.