Title: Global Repertoire Coordinator
Location: Kings Cross, London
Time type: Full time
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy, or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
As Global Repertoire Coordinator at Universal Production Music you will work in the global repertoire team, providing asset management, metadata and organisation support and coordination to the production teams worldwide.
Working closely with the Head of Global Repertoire Management and Head Of Production UK/Director of Global Repertoire, you play a pivotal role in the organisation and management of Universal’s production music catalogue.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Accurate ingestion of audio and metadata into Universal’s asset management system
- Carry out stem delivery requests
- General administrative/production duties including management of content, replacing audio, providing updated info to administrative and support teams
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of a global takedown list (copyright restrictions)
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in an organised and clear way, whilst carrying out administrative duties with care and efficiency
- Work on multiple global repertoire projects carrying out metadata formatting, asset collating, tagging and data review, such as Archive content
- Think analytically about music, with a strong knowledge of music genres, styles, techniques, moods & instruments to be able to tag effectively
- Assist with metadata clean up and review working with our
- Taxonomy Manager & Head of Global Repertoire Management
- Provide organisational support and coordination to our producing teams worldwide
- Provide support to our joint venture and 3rd party labels
- Help with the coordination of the global repertoire schedule
- Any other ad hoc duties as directed by Head Of Global Repertoire Management
- Manage weekly releases, including copyright exports & release reports for the admin teams
- Proficient user of Excel, particularly with experience of managing large data sets
- Be confident working on own as well as part of a team and with management at all levels of the business
- Be a team player who can integrate well with the wider production music teams, liaising with other areas of the business when required
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, whilst working to deadlines
- A broad knowledge and interest in music across a wide variety of genres & styles, instruments & moods
- Experience working with metadata and confidence in managing large data sets
- Passionate about administration with a love of Excel
- Organised, methodical and process driven with meticulous attention to detail
- Be proactive and show initiative when required
- Experience using Monday.com or other project management tools
- Previously worked in an admin or asset management role at a publisher, production library or record label – or other media company
- Experience of tagging and the taxonomy of music
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable.
However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop.
Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.
Synch & Licensing