The Director, Film & TV Music at Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of Universal Music Group (UMG) will serve as an integral senior member of the Film & TV Music team.
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the Universal Music Group catalog, label structure, licensing expertise, organizational, problem solving, leadership and creative skills.
- Report to Department head
- Manage and oversee sync placement opportunities for UMG artists
- Creatively pitch, identify and secure new sync opportunities for UMG’s frontline and catalog master recordings to meet yearly revenue goals
- Work closely with the UME marketing and Product Development, UMG frontline label marketing, brand partnerships, as well as other key project stakeholders to create timely sync opportunities around artist releases
- Develop and implement strategy for client outreach, while developing and growing relationships with existing clients.
- Create and execute showcases and special events to introduce artists and engage client community
- Work closely with artists, publishers and artist representatives to ensure sync initiatives align with artist objectives
- Report to and interact on daily basis with senior staff regarding licensing and creative issues
- Create status reports based on marketing initiatives, pitches, deals landed, etc.
- Travel may be required as needed for meetings, events, etc.
- Supervise departmental coordinators assigned to area
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with clients
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music – genres, eras etc.
- Specific knowledge of Universal Music Group’s artists, labels, history, etc.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, & Windows and Mac
- Excellent organizational, detail-orientation and coordination skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Highly motivated self-starter, accountable, with strong follow through skills
- Creative spirit with the proven ability to initiate new ideas and convert them into action
- Works well under pressure in fast paced environment and consistently meet deadlines
- Exemplary knowledge of music licensing
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a high volume workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Five-Ten years of prior film & TV Licensing and/or entertainment experience required
- College degree required (preferred majors include Marketing, Business, Communications, Music Industry Studies)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.