We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD
This individual will serve as a team member across a diverse roster of artists.
How you’ll CREATE
- Communicate and collaborate with artist management and key label executives at our labels around the world to build trusting relationships and showcase your proactive and powerful digital marketing ideas.
- Share expertise of knowledge and passion for music and popular culture and help guide key stakeholders.
- Create, update, and maintain priority documents and external marketing pitch decks.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and external contacts.
- Leverage your existing relationships and develop new partnerships to collaborate with social partners (like TikTok, Instagram, Triller, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.) to implement exciting new online initiatives to create virality, grow audience & drive engagement for our artists & their music/music-related products.
- Execute marketing strategy and share key insights, thoughts and input into our Global Artists Programs which serve as a priority system for Universal Music worldwide.
- Understand, analyze, and filter results of analysis and present it to the internal departments.
- Measure and analyze overall campaign performance and provide insights and key learnings to other departments.
- Daily in-depth reporting & analysis with key metrics
- Prepare daily/weekly online marketing summaries and plans
- Streaming, Sales, Marketing event analysis
- Daily and weekly calls with management, labels and Universal staff around the world
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE
- 4-6 years’ experience in music or entertainment background
- Early mornings with Europe, late nights with Asia – flexible working hours depending on activity
- Knowledge of short form content platforms and social trends
- Creative thinker with an eye for design, in addition to a strategic marketer who is driven by innovation and understands how to communicate effectively & measure results
- Not afraid of a challenge or working with big personalities and large teams
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or the equivalent Mac office programs
- Experience with digital marketing analytics tools
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and work well under high pressure and speed
- Great social and interpersonal skills
- Direct experience with talent and senior management a plus
- Ability to keep information highly confidential
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently.
- Ambitious individual sought who is a self-starter requiring minimal direction.
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
- 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
- Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
- Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
- 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
- 2-weeks paid Winter Break
- 10 Company Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
- Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Check out our full overview of benefits on the Perks Playlist page of the career site.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
Salary Range: $67,500- $173,500
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.