Universal Music Canada is Canada’s leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content.
Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
We are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love music and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Marketing, this role will manage a roster of UMC artists and work alongside the marketing manager in the creation and execution of digital marketing and promotional plans, while managing a select roster of digital accounts. Prime candidates have knowledge and experience working with all digital technologies and platforms; can effectively communicate with artists, artist management, internal teams, executives, digital partners; and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment.
- Define, plan, and execute digital marketing campaigns for a roster of artists
- Manage label partner relationships with key digital accounts, being the subject matter expert for all opportunities, processes, limitations and policies related to that account
- Maintain strong relationships with artist management and artists to be viewed as a resource for best practices and implementing digital marketing strategies
- Partner with internal departments (marketing, programming, production, press, research and program enterprises) to execute effective interactive strategies
- Identify viral, digital word-of-mouth marketing opportunities with the goal of driving traffic, fan acquisition, and creating brand awareness for artists
- Drive social media growth for all artists through increased engagement, activity, and relevant content posts
- Develop targeted strategies for artists’ video channels in collaboration with the video strategy manager
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities
- Measure and analyze overall campaign performance and provide insights/key learnings to other departments
- Assist in analyzing online promotions and campaign sales impact, consumer trends, potential challenges with different platform (i.e. Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube, Triller, etc.)
- Monitor campaigns regularly to understand strategy effectiveness, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Report weekly to senior staff and managers, providing actionable insights and campaign updates
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Deep knowledge of analytic tools available on all social platforms and ability to pull actionable insights out of the data available
- Aptitude for communicating and engaging on various platforms
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Highly adaptive to change
- Extremely reliable and consistent in meeting deadlines
- Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills
- Passion for music, emerging media, and innovation
- Content editing a plus (image, video, content – Photoshop, Final Cut)
- Ability to learn new software and analytics programs as necessary
- Proactive approach to work, constantly seeking improvement in all areas
Please apply before February 17, 2021
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S+, and people from other diverse communities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.