We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters. We produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Australia is looking to appoint an International Artist Project Manager to join our International Artist Development team based in Sydney.
Working with the world’s largest and most recognised music catalogue, our International Artist Project Manager will be responsible for creating, finding, developing, growing and maintaining audience and fans for our International Artist roster – always looking to maximise engagement to create revenue and awareness for our artists and company.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about the ever-changing Media and Digital Landscape in Music.
- Become the ambassador and main liaison for specific artist development projects.
- Plan, organise and execute ‘always on’ artist development marketing campaigns and set long-term objectives.
- To drive strategy and deliver necessary assets for the best go to market approach.
- Understand the demographics that comprise artists’ fan bases and, based on the assets delivered by artists, help design product suites and timelines for all aspects of the marketplace.
- Manage marketing budgets and have a clear understanding of the project’s P&L.
- Research and understand the performance and opportunities of a project at any given time and across all markets/territories.
- Seek out and maintain the knowledge of each artist and their management team’s processes, goals, and overall efforts in order to maintain a cohesive and effective working relationship.
- Be the custodian of your artists and the primary communicator/advocate both within and outside the company.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2-3 years’ experience in music or similar industry
- An understanding of the music business – encompassing sales, marketing, promotion, publicity and the logistics of the various departments.
- High level of creativity, innovation and enthusiasm; and the ability to drive business priorities to business partners.
- Highly motivated and organised
- Knowledge of digital and social media advertising platforms
- Superior relationship, communication and problem solving skills, ensuring effective relationships across other business units.
- Understanding of general engagement data from Music and Social Platforms
- Knowledge of Adobe Editing suites
HOW TO APPLY: (Attach Cover Letter)
Please submit your application via link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ofYwifwL&s=Linkedin
We are a passionate team with smart ideas and work with some of the most successful, innovative, and respected artists. If think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.