As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands.
We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Instagram, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
What’s the role?
UnitedMasters is looking to hire a Royalty Accountant, reporting to the Senior Accountant and based in our NYC office. The Royalty Accountant role will play an integral part in helping our global network of independent artists realize the financial benefits of their success.
They should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be eager to work in a fast-paced technology company and be excited to take on new challenges.
The ideal candidate will have a keen analytical mind and a natural empathy for the challenges and opportunities faced by UM artists and the business leaders helping them.
In addition, they will not be afraid to leverage technology integration or process improvement to drive efficiency and improved artist services.
In the role, the Royalty Accountant will:
- Lead preparation of month-end close activities including Revenue Reporting; reconciliation of streaming, licensing, and brand related revenue
- Manage the royalty accounting system, including collection and processing of monthly Royalty reporting from 35+ Streaming platforms
- Generate monthly Artist Royalty Statements for over 100k artists who distribute music through UM
- Recoupment analysis, maintenance, and reconciliation of artist account balances on a monthly basis
- Create and distribute Quarterly Artist Recoupment statements for UM Artists in accordance with Artist Agreements
- Facilitate timely and accurate Artist Royalty payments on a monthly basis
- Streamline company cost management processes including distribution cost recoupment, utilizing strong analytical skills and financial knowledge
Who you are
- 3+ years of public and/or corporate accounting at a fast-growth company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
- Music industry experience preferred
- Strong Experience in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite and Accounting Software (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, through delivery of quick results and strong multitasking skills
- Exceptional communication skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses
- Demonstrates an unwavering attention to detail