UnitedMasters’ mission is to give artists the power to own their art, and enable them to effectively market and monetize their work. Through our growing set of tools and services, we’re building a company that will redefine the media ecosystem and reset what it means to be an artist. Our SF and NY teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to achieve our mission.
You are personable, smart, passionate, and friendly. You are professional, persistent, and mature. You are very pro-active and have a hands-on mentality.
You are a close-knit partner with your teammates and employees alike; equally, you can handle your own projects and take responsibility for them from beginning to end. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
You are responsible for contributing to United Masters growth and development, through the development and management of strategic partnerships, licensing and acquisition initiatives. (S)he plays a critical, foundational role in supporting partnerships across UM artists and media companies.
- Run strategic business relationships with key partners, including cross-functionally with artist relations, marketing, finance and other internal teams.
- Act as daily go-to for select partners, overseeing all project elements and effectively managing all partner relationships.
- Assist with ad hoc & promotional work with the artist relations team.
- Monitor trades and research industry happenings on a daily basis, generating an understanding of industry landscape and market trends; deliver relevant updates as to what’s happening in the music space.
- Coordinate with Business Affairs and Finance teams on the negotiation of deal terms as well as any contractual and clearance issues.
- Find new and inventive ways to generate revenue opportunities.
- Work closely with Creative Agency partners to research and secure potential brand partnership opportunities.
- Bias to action, proactivity, comfort with ambiguity and comfort with having less than 100% of the information all of the time.
- Curiosity and a sense of ownership.
- Comfort working in a start-up environment that’s scaling rapidly.
- 5+ years experience in business development/strategic partnerships (media company plus music is highly ideal), including exposure to and/or activity in: selling, negotiating, closing deals and developing relationships.
- A keen, awesome, unparalleled passion for all things music and pop culture.
- Must be fully adept in creating impactful proposals, sales tools, decks, artist one-sheets, etc.
- Possess and deliver solid written and verbal communication skills, constantly developing your ability to present thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly in both forms of communication.
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity.
- Possess excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Have the proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure, while consistently paying attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Exercise the ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- 4-year college degree preferred.