Where music’s future is unfolding with unlimited potential.
UNIFIED Music Group is the soundtrack of good people working together to achieve extraordinary results.
We are a globally renowned multi-service music company, providing a range of services including artist management, recorded music, publishing, live events and merchandise to a diverse roster of local and international artists.
With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Los Angeles, London and Toronto our team is global and so are the opportunities for new talent and seasoned executives within the business.
Career progression within UNIFIED isn’t rare, it’s expected. If you grow, we do too.
At UNIFIED, you will work with global acts on the world stage. They partner with us to build their careers, while we help you build yours.
UNIFIED Music Group’s flagship record label UNFD is seeking a Product Manager to join our LA based label team. This role will assist the label in Marketing and Label services across the board, facilitating the growth and expansion of a fast-growing Independent Label. This role reports to the North American Label Manager.
- Oversee the planning and execution of release campaigns for assigned UNFD artists
- Act as liaison between artists/managers and the rest of the global label team
- Create, oversee and execute marketing plans & budgets and work with promotions, sales, international, and 3rd party teams to ensure success
- Work with A&R, Management and Production teams to ensure accuracy and on time delivery of all album assets (audio masters, artwork, metadata, etc)
- Bring product ideas to fruition from conceptualization to market placement in coordination with Label Manager, Production and Art departments
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities
- Submit invoices with proper coding and track expenses in release budget trackers
- Other duties as assigned
This role will also include the opportunity to:
- Foster close, positive relationships with our artists and their management/agents
- Scout and research new artist, songwriter, and producer talent
- Cover studio sessions for the A&R’s artist roster
- Work closely with all departments including marketing, publicity, sales, product management, manufacturing, and finance
The perfect candidate will have:
- Prior product management or music marketing experience, ideally in the alternative/rock/indie space
- Existing relationships with alternative music marketing partners, managers, and agents
- Meticulous attention to detail and extremely well-organized work habits
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passion, drive, and proactivity
- Poise, confidence, and talent to work on several projects simultaneously all at the highest level of quality
- Natural sense of urgency
- Ability to “think outside the box” and be able to implement new and effective ways to market and promote assigned releases
- A vast knowledge and understanding of rock/hard rock/alternative music and a hunger for new music discovery
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to thrive with a bit of autonomy
- Strong Computer Skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
UNIFIED Music Group acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands we work on and we pay our respect to elders past, present and emerging. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, with a focus on ensuring that we are engaging with and supporting the local and international communities which are close to the heart of the UNIFIED Music Group Impact Committee.