un:hurd – Front-end Software Engineer
Who We Are 🙋
un:hurd is a music-tech start-up with a difference. We’re at the start of an exciting journey to transform the way independent artists, management companies and record labels market and promote their music.
By building best in class marketing and promotion tools, we are leveling the playing field for artists, empowering them to grow their audiences, communities, followers, views and streams, all on their own terms.
We’ve worked with an eclectic roster of artists including Fraser T Smith, Headie One, SAINt JHN, Pendulum, Jamz Supernova, Nia Archives and many more and our workforce is made up of people from similarly varied backgrounds and lifestyles.
After a successful global launch of our iOS app, we’re expanding our design and development team and looking for a dedicated, passionate and talented front-end developer to grow with us and deliver a truly market-leading product to ‘level the playing field’ for independent musicians.
As a Front-end Developer at un:hurd you’ll be:
- Developing beautiful, responsive and feature rich web applications from the ground up.
- Working with a small but talented team to deliver secure, reliable and scalable cloud-based software products and components to our global user-base.
- Working closely with experienced designers to deliver best-in-class user experiences.
- Taking ownership of new products and communicating progress on features and issues with stakeholders.
- Writing clean and easily maintainable code.
Essential Experience 🧐
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern SPA front-end frameworks such as React or Vue.js.
- Excellent working knowledge of modern CSS.
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML.
- Familiarity with database technologies (NoSQL, SQL).
- A working understanding of Git version control.
- Familiarity with software design patterns and best practices.
- Strong attention to detail in software development and problem solving.
- Responsible, collaborative and team oriented.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills.
Preferred Experience 📖
- A working understanding of the Figma design platform.
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Familiarity with Agile project management methodologies.
- DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Competitive salary.
- EMI share options.
- Dedicated training days every month.
- Support to help grow your career.
- 20 days annual leave + paid bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- And more…
This is a fully remote role and we are a remote first team. We also have an office in London at Tileyard creative industries hub should you want to use that space. Our team is spread across the UK, we meet regularly via video calls but occasionally (once or twice a quarter) meet at our London office – if you are required to travel we will cover all costs.
Interview Format 💻
- A successful application will lead to:
- An initial conversation to get to know each other.
- If, based on the initial conversation, we feel like you’d be a good fit, we’ll send you a short technical assessment for you to complete in your own time and at your own pace – this will be entirely relevant to the role you are applying for.
- A final conversation to discuss the assessment, and an opportunity for you to ask any questions.
We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy status or any other differences.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to offer sponsorship.
Salary: Starting at £35k – £50k dependent on experience
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com