We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company.
In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
- Universal Music Group Nashville (UMGN) is currently seeking a Director, Data Analytics and Research reporting directly to their EVP and COO.
- This position will be the point person for all data analysis as well as owning all levels of marketing and sales reporting produced within the Universal Music Group Nashville.
- The position requires both a wide-ranging skill set for mining and analyzing data along with the ability to present meaningful findings to all departments across UMGN
How you’ll CREATE:
- Own the production of all existing reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within Universal Music Group Nashville (UMGN).
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to label and management, through clear visualizations and presentations.
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will drive decisions, with a focus on the label’s sales, streaming and marketing efforts.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in all department discussions around research findings and forward-thinking analysis within our industry.
- Liaison directly with UMG Corporate Data Analytics team to ensure that UMGN is properly represented in all data research discussions being done on a corporate level.
- Develop and produce ad-hoc reports for a wide range of needs across UMGN on a timely, as-needed basis.
Bring your VIBE:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience using databases and analytic tools to solve business problems.
- Music industry experience is a preferred.
- Working knowledge of data analyzation tools such as DOMO, SQL, Google Data Studio and Big Query.
- Ability to use HTML for data visualization.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite with heavy Excel work required.
- Familiarity with Nielsen Soundscan/Music Connect and/or BuzzAngle is a plus.
- An ability to extract the essence of a business request across various departments and translate those needs into a data solution.
- A direct background and current position with a heavy use of data analytics.
- Extensive knowledge of the current music industry including market trends, major accounts, artists, etc. (a healthy emphasis in the
- streaming world is preferred).
- A passion for data, especially for creating efficient and scalable models
- A keen interest in data visualization, high-level presentations and long-range planning/thinking.
- A rabid desire to acquire knowledge from anywhere, whether related parallel industries to highly unlikely sources, and apply it to our
- situation with constant trial and error.
- A relaxed and confident approach to all business relationships internally and externally.
- Undergraduate degree with highly relevant background required.
- Music Industry or Music Business majors preferred.
- Certification in YouTube and Google Analytics are a plus.
- Graduate degree or currently working towards an MBA is a plus.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.