This position demands a dynamic, detail-oriented individual with proven music industry connections and impressive track record of previous Product Management experience.
This person will be the point of contact and marketing manager for artist releases, working closely with digital and international marketing, A&R, creative, sales, publicity and distribution. Candidate will be energetic, self-starter and independent thinker who manages time and stress with ease. The candidate’s experience should reflect the duties/skills listed below:
- Develop overall marketing strategy across digital retail, online and social outlets for select artists
- Knowledgeable of Global Marketing partners and trends
- Product manage specific artists/products, coordinating with in-house staff (radio, international, digital, sales, production, creative, synch, sponsorships, tour) as well as artist management to agree upon overall strategy & timelines for upcoming releases.
- Manage independent online media and press companies
- Assist in the creation of SEM/SEO campaigns
- Secure promotional opportunities for artists and their content with online outlets, brands, etc
- Actively seek larger branding and sponsorship opportunities for Ultra Music and artists
- Create & share release updates for key contacts
- Coordinate with in-house video production & social content teams on creation of official video content, lifestyle pieces and social marketing activations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Label experience or Music Distribution
- 2-4 years experience in related role
- Experience in developing and launching marketing plans
- Proven experience managing budgets
- Strong organizational and project-management skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to create actionable recommendations for the business and artists
- Experienced in managing agencies to hit targets
- College Degree strongly preferred
ABOUT ULTRA MUSIC:
Ultra Music is a premier Electronic and Dance Music brand, comprised of Ultra Records, Ultra Music Publishing, and Empire Artist Management, and strategic alliance with Ultra Music Festival.
Formed in New York City in 1995 by former Polygram and Virgin Records executive Patrick Moxey, Ultra’s current roster includes: Kygo , Steve Aoki , Sofi Tukker , MK, DVBBS, Era Istrefi , Deorro , Klingande , NGHTMRE , Black Coffee, filous , Adventure Club , Bakermat , Flosstradamus , BennyBenassi, Mako , Haux , Stwo , 4B , OMI, BettaLemme , Bearson and many more!
Ultra’s first release was the single ” Lift Me Up ” by MK featuring Claire Rivers in 1996. Over its 20 year reign, the label released many milestone works from artists from its early days with Basement Boys , Roger Sanchez , Little Louie Vega , Eric Morillo , Sasha , Wildchild , DJ Sneak and Reel Soul to those that were first coming into America like deadmau5 , Calvin Harris , David Guetta , Tiësto , Avicii , Armin Van Buuren , Axwell and more. Ultra Records has put out over 5,000 releases including singles, EPs, mix compilations and albums and has a YouTube Channel of over 18Million subscribers.