Ultra Music is a dynamic, international and successful music label and brand based in New York with worldwide operations.
Ultra has a strong roster of artists, which includes both local and international talent.
- Monthly Financial Close – Review P&L, balance sheet and supporting schedules and balance sheet reconciliations. Also includes analytical review and flux analysis of all revenue streams and COGS with explanation of variances between results and projections and prior periods.
- Financial Reporting and Audits – Report accurate and timely financials to stakeholders and yearly external audits. Position is also responsible for maintaining and improving internal controls and documentation around those controls.
- Corporate FP&A – Manage enterprise P&L and cash flow projections for planning purposes
- Strategic Deal Analysis – Perform deal analysis for prospective artist signings and analysis of existing joint venture and participation agreements, including review of related statements. Experience with projections around catalog buyouts a plus.
- Artist Royalties – Oversee monthly royalty runs to support balance sheet liability and bi-annual artist statements/payments including accurate contract implementation of complex recording and joint venture deals, ingestion and reconciliation of big data files, and accurate royalty statements with timely payment. Manage periodic artist royalty audits.
- Payroll – Manage payroll and 401k accounts including all associated filings.
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of business experience in an accounting function with experience with music royalties a plus.
- Music business industry experience
- Big data experience including SQL and advanced Excel
- Experience implementing and managing ERP and royalty systems
- Experience managing accounting and royalty teams