TouchTunes has the largest network of jukeboxes in North America and is expanding into Europe.
Music is core to the jukebox experience and we adapt our catalogue and presentation in line with local musical tastes.
The music programming manager will design, curate and implement music programming services for European markets using the company’s proprietary systems and tools, working with members of the relevant TouchTunes teams in New York and Montreal, as well as, local programmers in other European countries.
- Work with the Operations team in NY/Montreal in managing the catalogue ingestion and creation processes for Europe.
- Identify additional digital distributors from whom content needs to be secured and lead efforts to secure access to such content.
- Select and prioritize music to be added to national music catalogues (in conjunction with local programming resources).
- Confirm and manage music metadata setup in proprietary content management systems.
- Monitor label release schedules, industry music charts and editorial sources.
- Create and manage custom music playlists and background music channels based on relevant factors in each market (in conjunction with local programming resources).
- Create and manage music profiles for local markets in order to maximise plays.
- Evaluate play analytics and make programming updates to customize further the music presentation locally in order to drive higher plays.
- Partner with local record label representatives to promote artists and new
- Interface with internal and external stakeholder music requests and inquiries.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of music experience in a commercially focused multi-media organization
- Strong knowledge of popular music and heritage classic catalogues in the UK specifically and more generally across Europe
- Strong familiarity with pop culture, internet trends and on-line music services
- A detail oriented and analytical problem solver
- Manage multiple objectives while juggling competing internal and external priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel, Access, and Project with strong skills in tools to analyse very large volumes of data (e.g. pivot tables, “lookup” function, etc.)
- Experience as expert user of complex suites of proprietary tools for managing music catalogues
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented with an ability to prioritize workload, work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with various technical teams as well as with senior management
- Working relationships with local record label staff