ROLE: UK Development Director
LOCATION: London, UK
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
POSITION: Full time with benefits
TVG hospitality is a global entertainment & hospitality operator with offices in the United Kingdom & the United States. Founded by CEO Ben Lovett, serial entrepreneur and a multi-award winning musician, alongside his brother Greg Lovett who joined the team as CFO following many successful years with the Soho House Group.
tvg hospitality is based around two core principles:
The first principle is born through music, and the sacred connection that exists between an artist and their fans. Our mission is to build the best places in the world for those relationships to exist.
Our second principle is born through hospitality, notably food & beverage. We believe in the artistry & elevation of not only what we see and hear but also what we taste. From the classics to something new, we pride ourselves on consistently delivering the best products with first class service.
These principles are brought together through a dedication to creativity, craft and character that provides a common ground for some of the world’s best engineers, architects, artists, chefs, mixologists and brewers to come together with staff and local communities to create destinations that become landmarks, and experiences we remember forever.
tvg hospitality currently operates three venues in the United Kingdom with six projects currently in development and under contract in the United States and further new sites in both countries pending. Just one example of an exciting project underway, The Orion Amphitheatre in Huntsville, Alabama opened its doors on 7th May 2022. An 8000-capacity destination venue inspired by the grand open-air amphitheaters of Ancient Greece.
The Orion is supported by three stories of unique concessions ranging from the Madkin & Weeden tap rooms through to Isadora’s wine bar, El Cohete Taco & Tequila, and the dramatic sky bar with immense views, not only of the stage and the performer but also the surrounding landscape.
The role of the UK Development Director is to steer the development and execution of business in the UK Market. Using market expertise as well as proactive prospecting, this individual identifies and explores new opportunities, analyzing viability and carrying out due diligence.
The UK Development Director keeps open communication channels with the Chief Development Officer (CDO), feeding back on all activities and thinking creatively about generating new opportunities for growth. In full collaboration with the Director of Design and Construction, the UK Development Director also maintains awareness of ongoing capital projects, assisting and guiding the project as needed and helping to find solutions to any challenges that may arise throughout the development process.
- Maintains constant expertise of the landscape in the UK market, expansion opportunities, and development activity in the
- Entertainment and Hospitality industries within the market.
- Keeps abreast of current trends, needs and gaps and shares their findings regularly.
- Generates leads through knowledge of the market as well as relationships with property developers, landlords, venue operators and promoters.
- Visits potential new sites, assess viability through observation of strengths and weaknesses of the sites, and delivers written appraisal.
- Reports back weekly to CDO on prospects, indicating any potential leads for new sites or M&A opportunities for the company.
- Leads on analysis of UK M&A opportunities through thorough modelling and assessment of potential transactions. Written appraisal to be shared with CDO and Chief Investment Officer.
- Identifies and analyses strategic growth opportunities in the UK market.
- Models assumptions to assess operational viability of potential sites.
- Manages a full due-diligence process for any approved opportunities, providing all necessary information and feeding back to the CDO.
- Collaborates closely with the Director of Construction and Design, assisting in the oversight of UK capital projects.
- Maintains full awareness of current development projects, stepping in as appropriate to assist where needed.
- Actively participates in concepting, design and construction meetings on all capital projects within the UK market.
- Supports the project managers with feedback to navigate issues or challenges that may arise throughout the development process.
- Maintains regular communication
with the Director of Construction and Design to problem solve and agree on action plans.
- Interfaces with landlords on projects to ensure the project is moving in a timely manner and on budget.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND PREREQUISITES
- 12 years of Development experience within the entertainment industry, including experience driving revenue growth.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement a UK growth strategy for tvg.
- A great collaborator that will seek input from wider tvg team as it is needed throughout the development process.
- Able to create a roadmap with goals and activities to get there
- Goal driven – able to hit Development revenue targets on a quarterly basis.
- A proactive self-starter, familiar with creating and running a sales funnel within the music industry from concept through to customers.
- An established network within the entertainment industry and a deep understanding of the live touring industry
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
tvg hospitality strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information or identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
tvg hospitality recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. tvg hospitality may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.