Reporting to the German Country Manager and the Global Director of Social Media, the Manager of Social Media, Germany is responsible for leading the engagement and community growth initiatives for TuneCore’s social media channels in Germany.
S/he is responsible for monitoring, managing, analyzing and developing TuneCore’s German social media presence – ensuring content, messaging, imagery and activities are in line with the company’s branding, marketing and promotional strategies.
The Manager of Social Media will create the social media content calendar for the German market and develop localized social campaigns and concepts to drive market growth through awareness, acquisition, loyalty and advocacy. S/he must have exceptional writing and interpersonal skills, a professional and positive attitude, and a genuine passion for helping independent artists grow their careers.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with the German Country Manager to develop and execute a German social media content calendar that is consistent with the company’s brand voice and supports local German online and offline marketing initiatives.
- Balance between short-term lead focused programs and long-term brand awareness/equity/advocacy.
- Partner with the Social Media Director, content marketing and acquisition teams to build and optimize local campaign initiatives.
- Launch and manage German social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Build and test campaign to grow target customer segments such as focus genres like Hip Hop, with special regard to the Deutschrap scene.
- Coordinate with marketing teams and external agencies/freelancers to collaborate on the build and execution of local content and social strategies to drive customer acquisition, retention and advocacy.
- Function as a social media “community” manager by appropriately responding to questions, comments and concerns across social media channels in a timely, authentic and professional manner. Partner with the Customer Care team on customer escalations.
- Put together creative briefs for content builds that support local campaigns and initiatives including video, photo editing and illustrations.
- Put together social budget proposals and manage spend for content creation and boosted posts. Work with the acquisition team to build and test paid media campaigns.
- Create, measure and test data-driven local social media and marketing initiatives that deliver against business objectives.
- Partner with Director of Social Media and Manager of Acquisition to generate monthly reports and analyze performance metrics to increase engagement and productivity of social media initiatives.
- Implement social content requirements and best practices and monitor campaign performance for early signs of positive or negative trends and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Monitor trends in social media channels, tools, and metrics and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the effectiveness of localized social media efforts.
- 2+ years’ experience in Social Media management.
- International and/or global marketing experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of the independent artists music community landscape
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Reddit and Twitter.
- Creative thinker with excellent written and verbal skills.