TuneCore brings more music to more people, while helping musicians and songwriters increase money-earning opportunities and take charge of their own careers.
The company has one of the highest artist revenue-generating music catalogs in the world, earning TuneCore Artists $938 million from over 80.4 billion downloads and streams since inception.
TuneCore Music Distribution services help artists, labels and managers sell their music through iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Play and other major download and streaming sites while retaining 100 percent of their sales revenue and rights for a low annual flat fee. TuneCore Music Publishing Administration assists songwriters by administering their compositions through licensing, registration, world-wide royalty collections, and placement opportunities in film, TV, commercials, video games and more. The TuneCore Artist Services portal offers a suite of tools and services that enable artists to promote their craft, connect with fans, and get their music heard.
TuneCore, part of Believe Distribution Services, operates as an independent company and is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY with offices in Burbank, CA, Nashville, TN, New Orleans, LA, Atlanta, GA and Austin, TX, and global expansions in the UK, Australia, Japan, Canada, Germany, France and Italy.
Reporting to the VP of International, the UK Brand Manager will be responsible for the development of TuneCore’s brand and customer base across the UK.
S/he has a deep understanding of, and an extensive network in, both the UK music market and the indie scene. S/he has direct experience working in the independent music industry.
The Brand Manager will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategic growth plans for the UK market based on local UK consumer insights that will inform territory specific initiatives. S/he will work from of the Believe Distribution Services UK office.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Be the ambassador of the TuneCore Brand in the UK.
- Recruit prospective customers to accelerate local acquisition and manage relationships with current customers to drive retention.
- Drive initiatives to launch/expand B2B partnerships to accelerate customer acquisition across the UK .
- Develop close relationships and build community with local music institutions and companies to establish TuneCore as a market leader.
- Partner with the Marketing team to drive localization initiatives through emails, social media, paid media and content.
- Assist Product Team to review content on UK website prior to updates/launches, test new products and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with the Business Development and Product teams to ensure products meet relevant local market positioning and provide competitive products/features to support TuneCore’s market leadership.
- Serve on panels and attend conferences when appropriate, to raise TuneCore’s brand awareness in the UK indie scene.
- Partner with the Believe Distribution Services team to bridge communication with TuneCore customers for upsell initiatives.
- Experience: • Minimum 6 years in the UK music industry
- Strong knowledge and network in the digital music industry
- Strong understanding of indie artists needs
- Marketing skills: strong ability to negotiate partnerships
- Analytic skills: ability to track and report initiatives accurately
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented environment
- Be autonomous
- Education: • College Degree
- Knowledge/Certifications: • Marketing and Promotion
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org