Tru Thoughts is looking to hire a new member of the press and radio department, to work in-house at our office in Brighton.
The candidate should be confident, outgoing and organized, with a demonstrable passion for the label’s music (and a love of being by the sea). Your role would consist of running press and radio campaigns, building and maintaining key relationships with DJs/radio producers/online and print press (both in the UK and abroad), securing media coverage for our artists and releases, and reporting results back to Tru Thoughts colleagues, artists and distributors.
A number of years’ experience is preferred, however if the right candidate shows themselves to be keen and motivated, then there is flexibility. We are in the process of restructuring the department and are looking for the right person to help us complete the new set-up; salary and exact job title will be determined by the candidate’s knowledge and experience.
Celebrating its 18th anniversary this year, Tru Thoughts is a thriving independent label with current and previous acts including Quantic, Alice Russell, Hot 8 Brass Band, Maddslinky aka Zed Bias, Rodney P, Bonobo and Hidden Orchestra.
- Forming strategies for album and single campaigns (focusing on radio and press) and ensuring their delivery
- Working with artists to ensure their music is being represented and communicated to press and radio in the best possible way
- Writing biographies and press releases
- Maintaining and building relationships with a database of DJs, Journalists, Radio Producers, and ensuring they are serviced appropriately with the music
- Working with the distribution and social media departments to ensure radio/press campaigns are working in tandem with physical and digital marketing
- Overseeing and managing external PR companies when required by the campaign
- Attending gigs, networking sessions or other events outside of normal office hours as and when required
- Very organised and able to work well under pressure
- Able to adhere to a number of overlapping deadlines for mailouts and release dates
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly and outgoing, with great interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Office, and ability to manage a busy email inbox and contacts database
- A demonstrable interest in and understanding of a diverse range of music media
- Previous experience in press and/or radio (along with a strong contacts list) is preferred, however each candidate will be considered upon their merits and past experiences
- Knowledge of the press/media landscape in additional key markets, and ability to speak additional languages, would be a bonus, although not essential