Transgressive Records: Marketing Assistant & Office Manager
The candidate will provide oversight, execution and support across the label, publishing and management arms of Transgressive, supporting existing staff and artist marketing campaigns, whilst also incorporating core elements of office and diary administration and management.
An entry level position, this role is best suited to a junior self-starter that is highly organised, eager to learn, detail oriented and collaborative in their working approach.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Label / Publishing roster: working directly alongside the senior management, A&R and Marketing Managers, the candidate will oversee and support artist by artist timelines for release campaigns, master schedule housekeeping, compile metadata, liaising with the team to keep release schedules and deadlines visible and up to date both within office and circulated with external team members, supporting where required across asset creation and delivery, managing guest lists, plus digital elements such as social media, database mailers + website posts/content ideas and execution (in association with the Digital Marketing Manager)
- Management roster: support and assistance from time to time across the Transgressive Management team and its client roster across itineraries, promo schedules, tour logistics research and social media
- Office management: taking ownership / maintaining a handle on office management tasks, helping ensure the smooth upkeep of day to day runnings across the companies, liaising with the Company Directors as and when required, running point on logistics (e.g. stock management, oversight of deliveries and couriers, post runs, etc.), through to aesthetics, itinerary management plus company events bookings and beyond
- Task management and minutes: taking minutes and enacting follow-ups at all internal / external meetings, liaising with members of the team to ensure that deadlines are met (utilising any preferred/approved task management software and/or systems as and when required)
The winning candidate will possess excellent organisational skills, a terrific grasp of the English language (for the aforementioned composition of website stories, database mailers and social posts), and will share the company’s love and appetite for recorded and live music in all its various forms.
The candidate will possess a positive and proactive, “can do” attitude, demonstrating enthusiasm and passion to keep learning, growing and progressing within one of the UK’s leading independent music companies.
- Strong understanding of the contemporary music scene and relevant artists
- Passion for developing artists, campaign management and creating and maintaining systems
- Work with integrity, respect, and persistent energy and enthusiasm with Transgressive core teams and artist partners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Principled in approach to do what is best for the artists and teams we support and represent
- Direct experience with office-relevant tools and software
Additional experience with design, content creation and/or video editing would be considered as beneficial albeit not essential for the application
Start Date: To be discussed.
Location: The role will involve remote and office working – Transgressive is based in North London – as well as on location according to an artist’s itinerary and schedule. Travel will occur regularly as part of the role.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. The final date for submissions will be the evening of Friday 20th January 2023.
Please note: due to the anticipated volume of received submissions, we will sadly not be able to respond to every single submission – if we feel that you meet the criteria for the role, we will reply directly to discuss prospective next steps, including a potential interview. Apologies in advance if you do not hear from us – we greatly appreciate your interest in a career at Transgressive and thank you for your time and consideration.
Transgressive is an independent, award-winning music company that has been established for 18 years. We believe in taking musical and artistic risks, conducting ambitious, diligent work on behalf of our artist roster, and exhibiting consistent kindness and care throughout the process, from point of artist discovery through to final project delivery, internally and externally. We wish to empathetically empower and support both those in front of the camera and behind the scenes, as well as inspire a new generation of audiences in the process.
Transgressive is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed towards a creating a working environment in which no one will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age.