Transgressive, Digital Marketing Manager
Transgressive is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to join the company and drive all digital marketing and direct-to-fan initiatives for artists across the roster.
The responsibilities include developing online fan communities, managing social media content development and editorial calendars for releases, designing compelling and creative campaigns to generate awareness and anticipation, managing paid media buying, providing strategy and outreach to creators/tastemakers with audiences aligned to artists, and measuring and reporting on key results.
This position will be responsible for all day-to-day digital marketing operational and executional support for Transgressive releases and include managing the production of digital content and collateral, strategic collaborations with key digital platforms (i.e. TikTok, Instagram, YouTube), managing fan acquisition campaigns to grow artist audiences, leveraging relationships with influencers to augment recorded music reach, and managing budgets as it relates to various activations.
The candidate will also be familiar with leading DSP providers (i.e. Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, etc.) and how to leverage and develop presence on those platforms and align with jointly concocted marketing opportunities and initiatives to support such activity. The candidate will be an open, curious, progressive thinker that’s excited and keen to innovate in the space and work with new and emerging platforms.
- Work directly with artists, managers, and key stakeholders at Transgressive and its collaborators to design and execute on innovate marketing plans and content rollout plans
- Develop initiatives to grow fanbases and owned and operated databases on behalf of artists
- Design editorial campaigns and provide support in managing artist website, social media, email/SMS lists
- Provide budget guidelines to finance and leadership team to help inform cost allocation on projects
- Ensure artist requirements and requests for each release are handled effectively and professionally
- Deliver weekly and monthly reports on fan engagement across platforms for key releases with strategic recommendations to grow an artist’s profile and to continue driving sales and streams
- Attend regular company meetings and events to ensure leadership team are up to date with insights/trends around records and shows/concerts to build relationships with artists/managers and holistically understand audience demographic
- 3-5 years experience working in music and digital marketing
- Strong understanding of the contemporary music scene and relevant artists
- Passion for developing artists and digital marketing/emerging technology
- Proven ability to successfully manage end-to-end marketing plans driving promotional and commercial interests
- Track record for ideating, producing, and implementing innovative programs, campaigns, and processes that incrementally and materially increase revenue and profits
- Work with integrity, respect, and persistent energy and enthusiasm with Transgressive core teams and artist partners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Principled in approach to do what is best for the artists and teams we support and represent
- Direct experience with design, content creation and/or video editing and appropriate software would be considered as beneficial albeit not essential for the application
Start Date: To be discussed.
The role will involve remote and office working – Transgressive is based in North London – as well as on location according to an artist’s itinerary and schedule. Travel will occur regularly as part of the role.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. The final date for submissions will be the evening of Friday 18th November.
Please note: due to the anticipated volume of received submissions, we will sadly not be able to respond to every single submission – if we feel that you meet the criteria for the role, we will reply directly to discuss prospective next steps, including a potential interview.
Apologies in advance if you do not hear from us – we greatly appreciate your interest in a career at Transgressive and thank you for your time and consideration.
Transgressive is an independent, award-winning music company that has been established for 18 years. We believe in taking musical and artistic risks, conducting ambitious, diligent work on behalf of our artist roster, and exhibiting consistent kindness and care throughout the process, from point of artist discovery through to final project delivery, internally and externally. We wish to empathetically empower and support both those in front of the camera and behind the scenes, as well as inspire a new generation of audiences in the process.
Transgressive is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed towards a creating a working environment in which no one will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age.