Transgressive Management looks after a roster of five UK-based artists, endeavouring to lead music, art and culture in its curational output, as well as aspiring to work with the most progressive and exciting talent of our time. Our new Touring & Logistics Manager will form a pivotal role in the management arm of Transgressive, driving / steering international artist live/touring plots and associated logistics.
Roles & Responsibilities
Leadership and execution across the following elements (not limited to):
- Sourcing and management of live crew / production personnel for our artists’ international performances and touring – for example: tour managers, FOH sound engineers, lighting directors, etc.
- Budget creation, management and reconciliation for touring and live appearance activities – attention paid to detailed itinerary management and cost efficiency
- Liaising and managing live crew to ensure successful execution and delivery of live activities or appearances
- Rehearsal coordination and booking for artists and any band members / crew
- Support in the assembly and management of band members for artist touring line-ups
- The creation and management of live itineraries – e.g. creating a “tour book”, whether singularly or in association with any appointed tour managers
- Visa submissions – the coordination of details and ensuring suitably upfront submissions for successful applications on a global basis
- Equipment and gear coordination – ensuring the right instruments, gear and equipment for each artist before, during and after touring, including carnets
- Management of merch and record stock – pre-tour planning as well as on the road logistics and subsequent reconciliation
- Committed to the advancement and enhancement of our artists’ lives and welfare on the road
The music industry is an ever-evolving landscape and we will be seeking an individual that has practical hands-on experience of the live and touring industry, existing contacts and is open to change as well as practical problem solving.
The winning candidate will possess excellent organisational skills, a terrific grasp of the English language (for managing communications on behalf of the artist roster), and will share the company’s love and appetite for recorded and live music in all its various forms.
- They will be able to work clearly and efficiently to brief, set budgets, deadlines and work as strongly on assigned solo tasks as they do within the context of a team effort.
- Experience with live band set-ups is essential, likewise a basic understanding of musical equipment and gear.
- The candidate will possess a positive and proactive, “can do” attitude, demonstrating enthusiasm and passion to keep learning, growing and progressing within one of the UK’s leading independent music companies.
- Most importantly, experience and an ability to communicate supportively and harmoniously with artists is central to the role.
Start-Date: To be discussed – late-September / early October 2022 is preferable but will depend on the candidate.
Location: The role will involve remote and office working – Transgressive is based in North London – as well as on location according to an artist’s itinerary and schedule. Travel will occur regularly as part of the role.
Submissions: Please submit your CV with the job description in the subject line and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The final date for submissions will be the evening of Friday 16th September.
Please note: due to the anticipated volume of received submissions, we will sadly not be able to respond to every single submission – if we feel that you meet the criteria for the role, we will reply directly to discuss prospective next steps, including a potential interview. Apologies in advance if you do not hear from us – we greatly appreciate your interest in a career at Transgressive and thank you for your time and consideration.
Transgressive is an independent, award-winning music company that has been established for 18 years. We believe in taking musical and artistic risks, conducting ambitious, diligent work on behalf of our artist roster, and exhibiting consistent kindness and care throughout the process, from point of artist discovery through to final project delivery, internally and externally. We wish to empathetically empower and support both those in front of the camera and behind the scenes, as well as inspire a new generation of audiences in the process.
Transgressive is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed towards a creating a working environment in which no one will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age.