Transgressive Management looks after a roster of five UK-based artists, endeavouring to lead music, art and culture in its curational output, as well as aspiring to work with the most progressive and exciting talent of our time. Our new Artist Manager will be a dynamic force across the management arm of Transgressive, supporting existing staff and driving / steering international artist campaigns.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Leadership and execution across the following elements (not limited to):
- Day to day diary management, planning and booking
- The creation and management of itineraries and oversight of transportation / travel / accommodation needs
- Budget creation, management and reconciliation
- Coordination and representation/attendance across promo schedules and associated logistics
- Photography / video shoot coordination, attendance and support
- Social media / digital channels insight and input
- Creative and strategic input into artist release campaigns and live shows
- Management of comms amongst label partners, publishers, booking agents, promoters and multiple suppliers / parties on behalf of the artists as well as Transgressive Management
- Funding, grant and award applications – the creation and submission of documents on a regular basis
- Tour logistics – support, input and research (in association with the Touring & Logistics Manager)
The music industry is an ever-evolving landscape and we will be seeking an individual that has practical hands-on experience of artist management, existing contacts and is open to change as well as practical problem solving.
- The winning candidate will possess excellent organisational skills, a terrific grasp of the English language (for managing all communications on behalf of the artist roster, including input / approval of composition of website stories, press releases, database mailers and social posts), and will share the company’s love and appetite for recorded and live music in all its various forms.
- They will be able to work clearly and efficiently to brief, set budgets, deadlines and work as strongly on assigned solo tasks as they do within the context of a team effort.
The candidate will possess a positive and proactive, “can do” attitude, demonstrating enthusiasm and passion to keep learning, growing and progressing within one of the UK’s leading independent music companies.
- Experience and an ability to communicate supportively and harmoniously with artists is central to the role, likewise maintaining confidentiality and a delicate manner in handling personal and sensitive matters.
Start-Date: To be discussed – late-September / early October 2022 is preferable but will depend on the candidate.
Location: The role will involve remote and office working – Transgressive is based in North London – as well as on location according to an artist’s itinerary and schedule. Travel will occur regularly as part of the role.
Submissions: Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job description in the subject line. The final date for submissions will be the evening of Friday 16th September.
Please note: due to the anticipated volume of received submissions, we will sadly not be able to respond to every single submission – if we feel that you meet the criteria for the role, we will reply directly to discuss prospective next steps, including a potential interview. Apologies in advance if you do not hear from us – we greatly appreciate your interest in a career at Transgressive and thank you for your time and consideration.
Transgressive is an independent, award-winning music company that has been established for 18 years. We believe in taking musical and artistic risks, conducting ambitious, diligent work on behalf of our artist roster, and exhibiting consistent kindness and care throughout the process, from point of artist discovery through to final project delivery, internally and externally. We wish to empathetically empower and support both those in front of the camera and behind the scenes, as well as inspire a new generation of audiences in the process.
Transgressive is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed towards a creating a working environment in which no one will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age.