TOWER RECORDS, the iconic brand that defined the retail music business in the pre-digital era with its ‘No Music, No Life’ motto is experiencing new cult heights with a brand revival.
Founded in 1960 by Russ Solomon, Tower Records developed from a business Solomon founded as a teenager to re sell 78 rpm jukebox records in his father’s Sacramento drug store, growing into a record retail behemoth that operated dozens of stores across the U.S. Tower Records stores where known as the evening hangout for thousands of music lovers who found a community rooted in the power of music as self expression.
Today, through artist collaborations, key partnerships and a specialized Brand Studio and Experiential Lab, Tower Records is transcending its historic past by fusing digital and physical immersive experiences for all music fans to “Discover Music, Live Life”.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR a resourceful, experience, hyper-fluid, all-hands-on-deck individual to join our small and passionate team working across disciplines towards the brand revival of Tower Records. This is a valuable opportunity for a music, culture and community builder to help revamp and introduce a nostalgia brand to new generations of music fans across experiences, special events, artist collaborations and more.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Full life cycle across support, execution and implementation across brand pillars including but not limited to: marketing strategy, communications, research, special Lab events and Studio (office) management
- Source, propose and coordinate like-minded partnerships and collaborations with artists, brands and labels
- Research, execution and implementation of branded presentations across meetings, partnerships and collaborations.
- Research, distill and propose ideas to generate brand awareness, exposure and market penetration
- Oversee brand performance, consistency and cohesiveness across social platforms
- Optimize and oversee the Tower Records Studio and Lab time efficiency and work-flow, including project, meeting calendars, special events preparation
WHO YOU ARE
- A creative, hard working, self-motivated, organized and curious individual with strong music industry knowledge and
- A creative thinker that can develop and adapt visual brand assets for all partnerships and special projects passion, well versed across brand experiences and collaborations
- 2 + years of experience in marketing, brand management, strategic and creative planning
- BA preferred in a creative, strategy, marketing or communications field
- Superior organizational, communications and project management skills
- Computer Savvy – Proficient in Adobe Creative, Excel and Microsoft office/ PowerPoint.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
SUBJECT: Creative Brand Assistant