Reporting to the General Counsel, the VP Music Strategy & Business Affairs will be responsible for the TouchTunes Music Licensing strategy. as well as leading our Licensing team. Music is core to the TouchTunes business and this key role will help define our relationship with music labels and publishers, both domestic and international. As the in-house music licensing expert, you will work closely with all departments including programming, product development, marketing, finance and business development to set and execute the music strategy, as well as assist the General Counsel on special projects as needed. This is a great opportunity to make your mark on a market-leading creative organization.
TouchTunes is the world’s largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, with our connected jukeboxes featured in over 65,000 locations globally. Our music experience inspires emotional connections in shared spaces, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. Millions of songs are played daily across the TouchTunes network, with our popular mobile app driving the vast majority of plays.
In April of 2022, TouchTunes was acquired by TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm. We have developed a growth strategy to drive the next wave of expansion for the business, and we are seeking highly qualified and passionate candidates to join our diverse team of innovators.
- Draft and negotiate music license agreements with record labels, music publishers and societies, primarily within the United States.
- Manage the licensing team, ensuring all agreements are properly handled and communicated to relevant departments.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management in developing and implementing business strategies with respect to new products and/or additional territories.
- Act as internal music licensing expert to on current licensing laws and industry policies and practices as well as actively evaluating the potential impact of future legislation and industry changes and innovations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with record labels, music publishers and other music licensors.
- Well-versed in music data, royalties and content management systems.
- B.A. but strong preference for J.D. and active license to practice law in New York State
- 7+ years of experience in dealing with music licensing matters, with international experience being a plus
- Experience operating independently and juggling multiple projects within a organization
- Prior experience managing staff, preferably a music licensing team
- Advanced proficiency in Word and Excel
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Deep understanding of the music licensing industry
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability motivate, coach and empower a team to perform at the highest level
- Proven negotiation, analytic, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with outside attorneys, senior management, and general staff
- Sound and practical business judgement
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
- Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Discretion is a must. This role requires a high level of confidentiality in all communications
TouchTunes and its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.