Octave Music Group, Inc. is transforming the way businesses use music, content and technology to engage consumers in shared spaces.
Our offerings are comprised of TouchTunes, the largest in-venue interactive music platform featured in over 75,000 bars and restaurants across North America and Europe, and PlayNetwork, the leading global provider of music and branded media for customer experience. As of 2018, we reach more than 100 million consumers every day around the world through 450+ brands, 185,000 locations and 2,500 local partners.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be responsible for the Octave Group’s Music Licensing strategy as well as leading our Licensing team.
Music is PlayNetwork and TouchTunes’ core content and this key role will help define our relationship with music labels and publishers, domestic and international.
As the in-house music licensing expert you will work closely with all departments including programming, product development, marketing, finance and business development as well as assist the General Counsel on special projects as needed.
This is a terrific opportunity to make your mark on a great organization.
What you will do
- Draft and negotiate domestic and international music license agreements with record labels, music publishers and societies, including within the United States and internationally.
- Manage the licensing team, ensuring all agreements are properly handled and communicated to relevant departments.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management in developing and implementing business strategies with respect to new products and additional territories.
- Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations, including the participation in the development and implementation of contract-related policies, procedures and reporting.
- Act as internal music licensing expert to both PlayNetwork and TouchTunes on current licensing laws and industry policies and practices as well as actively evaluating the potential impact of future legislation and industry changes and innovations.
Who you are
- You have a J.D. with an active license to practice law in New York State
- You have 5+ years of legal experience in dealing with music licensing matters: international experience is a +
- You are able to operate independently and juggle multiple projects across different jurisdictions
- You have managed staff, preferably a music licensing team and possess demonstrated leadership skills with the ability motivate, coach and empower a team to perform at the highest level.
- You possess strong negotiating, analytical, and organizational skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills to interface with outside attorneys, senior management, and general staff
- Your possess sound and practical business judgement with a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
- You enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- You exhibit a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in all communications
- You lead by example and exemplify the Company Values in actions and behaviors
- You are resilient, agile and flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities effortlessly.
The Octave Music Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.