TouchTunes uses the power of music to inspire emotional connections in shared spaces, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. We provide innovative entertainment and media solutions to 65,000 bars, restaurants, and other shared spaces in North America, and our award-winning jukebox systems spark engagement and encourage customers to extend their stay and return more frequently.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Licensing. S/He will be responsible for providing ongoing relationship management to TouchTunes’ key music publishing and record label partners.
TouchTunes believes that the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a better world; so we will champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across our business, with our partners and communities, to celebrate Belonging and help shape a tolerant society. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Manage relationships and collaborate across the business on music rights, payment, reporting and programming performance
- Represent TouchTunes on day-to-day management of strategic partnerships with music publishers, record labels (e.g., majors and significant direct-licensed indie publishers), Canadian Societies, HFA and PRO relationships
- Contribute to negotiation of indie publisher and label license deals and subsequent catalog compliance and serve as main point of contact for inquiries from licensors and content partners, as well as colleagues in the royalties and music departments
- Collaborate with Music Programming and Marketing to secure necessary rights to promote and merchandise music promotions
- Support catalog analysis initiatives to target content gaps and subsequent licensing actions
- Oversee and provide input into licensing, asset management, and music publishing rights management tools
- Manage members of the licensing team to ensure compliance and catalog availability
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in music licensing, business development and rights management
- Music Licensing experience at a Record Label, Music Publisher or Digital Music Service Provider preferred
- Experience with Asana, Monday, Smartsheet or similar project management software. Experience with Chartmetric is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word
- Experience negotiating music agreements with music publishers and record labels
- Understanding of key digital music issues and trends in rights management, including collective rights organizations, digital distribution, and publisher / label relationships.
- A fluency with, or willingness to learn, technological concepts, financial models and product features
- Experience supervising a team and third party vendors with an emphasis on developing and overseeing best practices and competitive policies and procedures
- Ability to successfully manage remote employees
- Interface regularly with senior management on tactical and strategic priorities with the necessary levels of confidentiality
- Excellent math, analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented with an ability to prioritize workload, independently and in a fast-paced environment.
What is in it for you:
- Working alongside a bunch of super talented and friendly people.
- A fun, diverse, open and fast-paced environment focused on family atmosphere and creating an off-the-hook user experience.
- Challenging and stimulating projects.
- Working in a culture that likes to drive constant innovation.
- Free Access to a virtual health care application. Long gone are the days of waiting 8 hours at the clinic.
- Pet insurance.
- Very competitive insurance packages.
- Competitive 401K package with company match.
- Flexible working environment.
- In an effort to protect our fellow employees, their families and our customers, TouchTunes requires all employees working onsite to receive the COVID-19 vaccination with exemptions only for limited reasons required by law.
- Some international travel to Canada may be required
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Inductive Reasoning — the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to perform primarily sedentary work, frequently using a computer (visual acuity, fine motor skills) and telephone (talking/hearing).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
TouchTunes is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. TouchTunes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.