Associate Manager, Music Operations
New York, NY (50% Remote, 50% Onsite)
TouchTunes is the world’s largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, with our connected jukeboxes featured in over 65,000 locations globally. Our music experience inspires emotional connections in shared spaces, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. Millions of songs are played daily across the TouchTunes network, with our popular mobile app driving the vast majority of plays.
In April of 2022, TouchTunes was acquired by TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm. We have developed a growth strategy to drive the next wave of expansion for the business, and we are seeking highly qualified and passionate candidates to join our diverse team of innovators.
We are seeking an Associate Manager, Music Operations to support the development of our long-term content strategy and operations.
TouchTunes believes that the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a better world; so we will champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across our business, with our partners and communities, to celebrate Belonging and help shape a tolerant society. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Support the music operations process, including working cross-functionally to identify and execute on opportunities for ongoing incremental improvements and scale operations support
- Assist with the ongoing enhancements of our content management systems with an emphasis on documentation, data integrity and automation
- Coordinate setup and integrations with new digital partners
- Troubleshoot rights management, metadata, and asset issues with existing digital partners
- Support employee training of new process, workflows, and information policies for Licensing, Programming, and Royalties
- Partner with music royalties to ensure licensor account and copyright information is accurate to ensure we are in full compliance with license terms
- Collaborate with Music Programming and Marketing to secure necessary rights to facilitate music promotions
- Oversee and provide input into licensing, asset management, and music publishing rights management tools
- Manage and supervisor licensing staff where appropriate
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years relevant Music Industry experience, experience in Latin music a plus
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in project/product management, account management, or digital operations. Advance knowledge of music rights landscape, particularly XML and publishing rights
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel, Word and Access.
- Experience with Asana, Monday.com, or a similar project management software is a plus
- Agile, disciplined approach to managing processes and controls; a get it done attitude
- A fluency with, or willingness to learn, technological concepts, financial models and product features
- Interface regularly with senior management on tactical and strategic priorities with the necessary levels of confidentiality
- Excellent math, analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented with an ability to prioritize workload, independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influence of senior management on tactical and strategic priorities
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
What is in it for you:
- Working alongside a bunch of super talented and friendly people
- A fun, diverse, open and fast-paced environment focused on a family atmosphere and creating an off-the-hook user experience.
- Challenging and stimulating projects.
- Working in a culture that likes to drive constant innovation.
- Free Access to a virtual health care application. Long gone are the days of waiting 8 hours at the clinic.
- Pet insurance.
- Very competitive insurance packages.
- Competitive 401K package with company match.
- Flexible working environment.
- In an effort to protect our fellow employees, their families and our customers, TouchTunes requires all employees working onsite to receive the COVID-19 vaccination with exemptions only for limited reasons required by law. Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Inductive Reasoning — the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to perform primarily sedentary work, frequently using a computer (visual acuity, fine motor skills) and telephone (talking/hearing).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
TouchTunes is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. TouchTunes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.