Position: Music Supervision & Licensing Assistant
Term: Full time job
Location: Barcelona (Poblenou)
TOO YOUNG LTD. is a leading, award-winning, international music supervision and audio post company. We have offices in Paris, London & Barcelona, as well as representatives in Mexico DF and New York. We mainly work for the fashion, beauty and luxury industries, but also do projects for more mainstream brands as well as soundtracks for films, series and documentaries. Our services include creative music searches, clearance & licensing, endorsement deals and integrated music centered strategies. In spring 2019, we moved to our new Barcelona based HQ with three mixing/editing studios to expand our services in audio post, sound design and mix/mastering. www.too-young.com
You will act as a core team member assisting both the Music Supervision & Licensing Coordinator and our Founder, Frederic Schindler. You will be responsible and assisting the team in the execution of music supervision projects, including tasks such as content curation, creative music searches, communication and licensing. You will ensure each project has the highest creative output whilst delivering each task efficiently and respecting deadlines.
- Curation: Listen, organize and curate music content (new releases, back catalogues, and clips), survey multiple sources for new music releases and keep the team updated with relevant music releases by presenting weekly music highlights
- Creative Searches: Prepare music briefs for copyright holders, execute music searches and dispatch songs using music briefs
- Studio coordination: Coordinate music editing and mixing sessions with our in house sound engineers
- Communication: Create content for our Social Media channels (LinkedIn, Spotify, Instagram) in collaboration with our Art Director
- Copyright: Identify copyright holders, labels and publishers
- Negotiation: Reach out to copyright holders and management companies to brief them, request audio files or negotiate copyrights
- Legal: Review music licenses, coordinate full execution and archive them in our server – or Draft music licenses based on our templates
- Admin: Keep our Licensing copyright holders database updated
- Misc: Assisting day-to-day the Music Supervision team activities
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Music ‘Freak’ with extensive and rich musical culture and a proven knowledge of a wide range of music genres, artists and styles
- At least 1 year of experience in music supervision (internships or temp included) and/or education in a music business or creative orientated discipline
- Understanding of copyright law and music licensing frameworks
- Maintain high creative standards, without losing sight of the project’s time requirements and client’s ID
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and curious with a desire to learn
- Excellent networking, communication and organization skills
- Capable of working independently and simultaneously being a great team player
- Critical thinking and open for honest debates
- Digital native (familiar with all iWork programs, WordPress, MailChimp, Trello, Spark)
- Experienced at working / studying / living in an international multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus
- Experience in working in a client-centric environment is a plus
- Inspiration: regular concerts, industry events, talks, etc.
- Growth: training sessions, language courses (Spanish and/or French)
- Health: Private healthcare
- Office: modern facilities, in-house studios, screening and meeting rooms, garden, bar, snacks, after-work drinks, parties and events
Competitive and depending on experience
Please apply only via LinkedIn and upload a document containing your resume, a short cover letter and the exercises in the form of 3 Spotify Playlists appropriately named depending on the campaigns you picked.
- One general Music Search. You can pick one of these three campaigns, and create a playlist of maximum 5 songs for it.
- IKEA. 2. Genesis 3. Amazon
- One Music Search in Luxury. You can pick one of these three campaigns, and create a playlist of maximum 5 songs for it.
- Cartier 2. Prada 3. Hermès
III. One personal Playlist with your favorite releases from the last 12 months (10 songs max)
Please note, applications without a resume and cover letter and the exercises will not be considered. Please also mention where you found the job offer in your application. Due to the amount of applications we will not always be able to provide personalized feedback to all the candidates. Thanks for your understanding! We look forward to your candidature.
Deadline: Monday 8th of November 2021