Too Young Music Ltd. is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial music supervisor to join it’s award winning team as Sync Coordinator
TOO YOUNG LTD. is a leading music consultancy company based in London, Paris and Barcelona, with representatives in New York and Mexico.
We provide tailor-made services in the fields of music supervision, curation, licensing, branding and endorsement. We mostly work for fashion, beauty, lifestyle and high-end brands, but also do film, documentaries & series.
In 2019, we opened a 500m2 HQ in Barcelona with three mixing/editing studios to expand our services in audio post, sound design and mix/mastering. More info at: www.too-young.com
We provide a dynamic, supportive, collaborative and fun environment to work in. You will appreciate a diverse and interesting range of creative work where you will be able to express your ideas. You will work closely with music supervision, creative content, design, audio/tech and accounts team members.
The Job: Music Supervision Coordinator
Acting as a core team member and project manager, you will be responsible for coordinating creative music searches, edits, negotiation and licensing processes for a diverse range of projects in advertising and film with our international clients. You will ensure each project is treated with high attention to detail and high creative input whilst delivering each task efficiently and on time. Salary is competitive and depending on experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Music Licensing & Sync:
- Identifying and contacting right holders, issuing licensing requests and negotiating fees and terms
- Reviewing and drafting agreements (for sync licences, production and recording, performance, services, remixes, etc.)
- Maintaining all documents filed and up-to-date, providing full administrative and accounting support, keeping contact lists up-to-date and dispatching data to specific mailing lists
Music Supervision & Music Programming:
- Coordinating all supervision projects, dispatching responsibilities to other team members and managing workflows sticking to strict deadlines and allocated client budgets
- Listening to, curating and organising music (new releases and back catalogues)
- Surveying multiple sources for new music releases (e.g. Pitchfork, NME, BBC Radio, Fader, Dummy, etc.) and dispatching them to our Sync Library and specific projects
- Executing music searches, dispatching songs for each project and editing music on film with our sound engineers
- Writing music briefs
- Regularly communicating with labels, publishers, managers, clients, producers and agencies
Key Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the music industry (label/publisher sync team, music supervision agency preferably) – we will not review profiles without prior experience.
- Fluent in English; Spanish and French knowledge is highly desirable
- Ability to maintain high creative standards while adapting to each project’s needs and client’s DNA
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines with high attention to detail
- Be a team player and also work independently
- Excellent communication, networking and writing skills
- Extensive and rich musical culture with proven knowledge of a range of artists and styles
- Organised, focused, curious and dynamic
- Proficient computer skills (knowledge of project management tools such as Trello/Asana, Slack, etc.)
- Be passionate about music!
- Care: private health care
- Inspiration: regular concerts, industry events
- Office: modern facilities, in-house studios, screening and meeting rooms, garden, bar, snacks, after-work drinks, parties and events
- Growth: training sessions, language courses (Spanish and/or French)
To apply, please send your CV, Cover Letter and a creative search you would do for one of our clients (max 10 tracks – Spotify link please). Choose between: Renault Clio, Paco Rabanne Million or MAC Cosmetics. All materials need to be compiled in one single PDF file. Deadline: Monday 17th of February. Submissions: [email protected]. Thank you!