TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us:
Creation is the core of TikTok’s purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible. Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy – a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day. To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always. At TikTok, we create together and grow together. Join us.
About the Team:
The SoundOn Partnerships team is a part of the Artist Services team at ByteDance and primarily looks after the distribution platform’s relationships with independent Artists and Labels. Our goal is to inspire creativity and foster long lasting relationships with our partners by providing bespoke distribution and marketing services, in-depth content strategy, elevation opportunities, and accessibility to all that SoundOn and TikTok has to offer. In this role you’ll ensure that independent artists and industry partners see ByteDance as the #1 partner for distribution, artist development, promotion and monetization.
Focusing on the music landscape across North America, Australia & New Zealand you will sign and develop high potential artists and partners and lead a team of A&R, Label Business Development, and Artist Partnership professionals.
Our ideal candidate is a leader who is passionate about music, has a strong track record of onboarding and cultivating talent, and a deep understanding of music distribution, promotion and artist development. They should also have a strong desire to make a positive impact on the music industry as a whole.
- Lead and develop the SoundOn Partnerships team, including Artist Partnerships, A&R and Label Business Development professionals to ensure SoundOn is best positioned to attract artist and industry clients and leverage its unique strengths and capabilities.
- Set the strategic direction for the team and develop and execute partnership strategies that drive cultural and commercial outcomes for SoundOn.
- Grow SoundOn’s artist and label partner base across a variety of music genres by utilising data and performance metrics, your network of contacts, and partnership growth initiatives.
- You will drive satisfaction and results for our artists and label partners by providing expertise in music product management, distribution, promotion, and artist/audience development.
- Serve as creative and strategic liaison between SoundOn and various cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Programming, Marketing, and PR.
- Responsible for identifying and tracking performance metrics, and translating data into team objectives and key results while contributing to the management of the team budget and P&L.
- 7+ years of music industry experience, specifically in music distribution, marketing and artist/audience development and a demonstrated track record of finding and developing emerging artists with world-class talent and commercial potential.
- You are a high performer with commitment to operational excellence, strong data sense, and experience in strategic planning, and team development.
- You have a deep understanding of TikTok and music trends and a natural aptitude for translating these insights into artist development and promotion strategies.
- You have a thorough understanding of compositional and recording rights and a successful track record of IP rights negotiation within music.
- You are well organized with outstanding attention to detail and the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines.
- You have excellent communication, a strong music industry network, and can juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- You are a great leader, teammate, and always have a positive and humble attitude.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org