TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
About the Team
The Music Business Development team drives negotiations and fosters relationships with record labels and music publishers. We are tasked with creating and implementing the TikTok music strategy. The team helps drive growth and awareness of TikTok and the music and artists that thrive therein. We are looking for a seasoned professional to join the team in Label Partner Development.
- Driving global strategic account-management responsibility for record labels
- Building strong relationships and lines of communication with key contacts at record labels along with internal stakeholders at all levels, including local and regional offices, analytics, operations, finance teams, and senior management
- Devising best practices and revenue-optimization strategy for record label partners and lead implementation
- Project managing various activities related to record labels and artists including overseeing content strategies, marketing opportunities, ongoing analysis of performance, etc.
- Communicating with and educating internal stakeholders at all levels on key label updates
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 5+ years’ experience in music or a related digital content industry, and ideally experience dealing with content/repertoire owners
- Strong ability to build strong relationships with people of varying personalities
- Previous experience in the music business
- Pro-active team player with the ability to identify opportunities and drive through to completion