TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
The music business development team drives negotiations and fosters relationships with record labels and music publishers.
We are tasked with creating and implementing the TikTok music strategy. The team helps drive growth and awareness of TikTok and the music and artists that are making TikTok their first stop for music discovery and promotion.
- Oversee analytics team and drive insight and long term planning of music category.
- Identify key strategies to achieve goals and objectives in building out our music business. Includes coming up with concepts, supporting them with research and analytics, and vetting them with cross functional teams.
- Ownership of key initiatives such as 3rd party integrations and product enhancements that progress the music agenda.
- Senior level of project management across complex projects.
- Work with product to gain insight into future product plans and help execute on same.
- Evaluate performance of rights holders across various platforms- Senior level of project management across complex projects.
- 10+ years’ experience in music or a related digital content industry, and ideally experience dealing with content/repertoire owners.
- Sophisticated understanding of macro trends in music business economics.
- Familiarity with different geographic regions, along with their economic structures.
- Experience with strategic analysis and streaming businesses.
- Excellent spoken, written, and presentation skills and ability to present to and influence people at all levels.
- Degree plus MBA or equivalent business qualification strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and presentation design skills.