TikTok Australia is seeking an enthusiastic Head of Music to support the TikTok music strategy and drive the success of Australian music on the platform.
The ideal candidate should be a rock star who is excited working in fast-paced environments and on multiple projects simultaneously.
We are looking for individuals who are resourceful and solution-oriented, bring positivity to the work environment, and are not afraid to attack ambiguous problems.
You will be responsible for understanding emerging music talent, how they address TikTok’s creator ecosystem needs, and reaching out to these communities to onboard them onto TikTok.
- Building strong relationships and lines of communication with key contacts at record labels along with internal stakeholders at all levels, including regional offices, analytics, operations and headquarters.
- Manage business partnerships with all day-to-day contacts for record labels and artist management teams within the Australia & New Zealand markets.
- Have a deep understanding of music licensing landscape in Australia & New Zealand, and are passionate working with policy and legal teams.
- Develop, maintain, and manage relationships with established and emerging artists teams from the region.
- Being the champion for Australian & New Zealand music on TikTok, observing, following and predicting the trends in the local music industry, and working closely with the editorial teams for amplification.
- Cross functionally execute all music-related components within TikTok initiatives for the region.
- Drive, measure & analyze performance against key engagement metrics
- Our ideal candidate has 12+ years of relevant industry experience, either within the label or distribution framework, or directly within artist management.
- Proven track record working within an international and a fast-growing tech environment is an absolute must.
- A minimum of 5 years leading a team.
- Strong working knowledge of TikTok.
- A team player who is proactive and solution-oriented.
- Pristine presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective team player who can lead efforts across music; capable of working calmly and quickly in high-stress environments
- A Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent industry experience