TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
TikTok’s Global Content team sits within our Operations & Marketing teams whose goal is to understand and champion the needs of our creators and communities and build a strong and trusted global brand that celebrates the diversity and creativity of our users & our platform. Our team vision is to amplify the power of our global community and to drive innovation that serves and connects our unique audiences, wherever they are.
The Global Content team is focused on delivering key strategic insights, managing global partners and creators and driving core initiatives to develop our diverse content ecosystem and to ensure the success of our creator communities and key partners across core pillars of Music, Entertainment, Sports, Gaming, Lifestyle & EDU and Emerging Verticals.
As Head of Global Entertainment, you will report directly into the Global Head of Content and will be responsible for the development of TikTok’s global Entertainment content strategy and management of the vertical’s performance on the platform. Specifically, you will set the overall content strategy for the vertical, oversee a team who manage a portfolio of our top creator and partner relationships and their business agreements, and drive strategic initiatives to accelerate their growth and success on the platform. You will be both external facing, representing the company at key events and partner engagements, and internal, as you drive many cross-functional initiatives, interfacing with TikTok’s Product, Marketing, Strategy, Operations, Comms, and Legal teams to develop business strategies, inform product planning, and operationalize our efforts to grow the Entertainment content vertical on the platform.
- Drive overarching strategy for the Entertainment content category globally, working closely with regional and local teams
- Directly lead TikTok’s global Entertainment content team and build relationships with global partners and lead cross-regional deals
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership for country teams, based on the global strategy and best practices, in order to execute vertical growth strategy with a focus on PGC and PUGC, foster strong relations with global content partners, manage global and cross-region deals.
- External partner management (e.g., media publishers, rightsholders) and engagement with top creators
- Work with Content Strategy teams to define ROI and creator performance key metrics to evaluate data both quantitatively and draw executable insights to support regional teams’ growth for each vertical,
- Global business development and deal negotiation for Entertainment initiatives
- Global management of key programs to accelerate Entertainment on the platform
- Explore new platform initiatives within the Entertainment category
- Support cross-functional projects and stakeholders with up-to-date analysis and expertise on the state of TikTok content and proactively educate business units and partners on trends and opportunities.
- Work in partnership with product development to determine which products and services should be prioritized to address the needs of Entertainment creators and partners
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to highlight creators and support their initiatives, establish evolving best practices to optimize creator performance across regions
- 15 years of work experience in a external facing partner role or creator facing experience in Entertainment, Television, Media or Internet, working with talent and content creators;
- 10+ years managing global programs and strategic globally distributed partners
- Managerial and leadership experience with successful track record, strong organizational analytical, strategic thinking skills and a strong ability to collaborate cross function;
- Deep understanding of the creator online video landscape
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to serve as a spokesperson for TikTok;
- Data-driven mindset and strong analytical skills, able to interpret data, identify problems, and come up with constructive solutions
TikTok is an entertainment platform, powered by community. Our mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. At TikTok we are guided by the following operating principles: We strive to be user-centric and endeavor to create the best possible experiences for people on our platform. We are committed to building trust with our community and society more broadly. We are building an inclusive global community that embraces diversity. We believe in freedom of expression that cultivates a safe and inclusive community. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.