We are seeking experienced professionals for our public policy and advocacy team in Washington, DC.
Being creative, having meaningful experience working on tech/internet policy issues, and the federal policy process will be key to success in this role.
Engaging with elected officials and other stakeholders in U.S. politics and government, you will be responsible for understanding TikTok’s policies and business priorities, and for being able to communicate those to policymakers and stakeholders. Additionally, you will collaborate with colleagues across the business and engage with third-party groups. Candidates must have a passion for tech/internet policy, established relationships, and experience working at the federal level (Congress, Administration, Agencies, etc.)
- Maintain and build relationships with policymakers and political figures
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders such as legal, communications and the policy team on public policy matters to help guide development of products, services and policies
- Advocate, internally and externally, policy positions that benefit and protect the TikTok user community
- Identify, monitor and analyze relevant policy trends, legislative proposals, and issues of importance to the company
- Articulate our policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Execute strategies for engaging with policymakers around issues important to Tiktok and our community of creators
- JD or Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Government, Public Affairs, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of the legislative process
- 5+ years of internet policy experience
- Capitol Hill, Agency or Administration experience
- Political campaign experience
- Advocacy experience
- Ability to understand the business implications of public policy.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Legislative drafting experience
- Outstanding writing skills and to distill complex policy issues into simple explanations and compelling messages
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Exercise sound judgement and discretion