Thrive Music is one of the leading dance/electronic music labels in the world, dedicated to building artists’ careers.
As Sync Manager, you will be responsible for sourcing, developing and maintaining relationships with advertising agencies and music supervisors. You will have a particular focus on bringing in new business, as well as assisting with the day-to-day pitching from our distributor’s sync departments around the world. You will handle day-to-day sync activity in the US, including both creative and licensing administrative work, while seeking new business opportunities in TV, film, advertising, and video games.
A passion for and deep knowledge of a wide variety of music, especially dance and electronic music, is essential, as well as an existing network of contacts and an ability to work autonomously.
- Sourcing, developing and maintaining business relationships with clients across the US in the film, TV, advertising, and video game industries.
- Pitch and place songs from our artists in film, TV, advertising, and video games.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with music supervisors in film, TV, video games, and ad agencies.
- Handling quotes, approvals, and licensing for deals.
- Creating sync targeted promotional assets for our frontline roster, including mailouts, themed playlists, email blasts, artist showcases, etc.
- Organizing and maintaining Thrive’s online music catalogue.
- Day-to-day sync work including general administration, license tracking, and financial reporting.
- Experience working in sync, either at a label, publishing company, agency, or through a music supervision role.
- An outstanding knowledge of dance and electronic music.
- A creative mindset, being able to answer music briefs openly and thoroughly.
- Excellent communication and networking skills – you must be confident meeting new people and seeking new business opportunities, as well as dealing with artists and managers on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- A self-starter able to work with and without direct supervision.
- An enthusiastic film and TV fan who lives and breathes content, is consistently intrigued and excited by the use of music in media, and is willing to try new things to advance in this particular field.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher level of education, preferred.
Please send your resume, any work samples, and a personalized cover letter to: [email protected]