The VP, Marketing (Artist & Label Services) works closely with the Global Head of Artist & Label Services.
This role has heavy involvement with Marketing, Promotion and Sales for the entirety of our Artist & Label Services division and requires an individual with an attention to details and overall understanding of marketing.
- Work directly with Global Head of Artist & Label Services and C-level executives in order to lead a team focused on marketing initiatives as they pertain to artist services.
- Contribute heavily to the creation, development, and execution of marketing strategies for distributed artists
- Participate in near and long term creative planning to ensure a clear and consistent message for assigned projects
- Oversee design and timely production of commercial and promotional product, including advertising materials, album packaging, videos, retail displays and posters
- Develop and manage itemized marketing budgets. Monitor costs over life of projects, providing guidance to all departments on budget status and managing PNLs and KPIs.
- Identify and analyze new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for assigned artists
- Work closely with the Publicity department to research and coordinate press opportunities
- Lead the Digital Marketing team on the planning and execution of online and mobile marketing plans and strategies
- Work with the Sales department to meet or exceed sales targets
- Liaise with artists, management, radio personnel, the promotion and sales departments and local reps to organize in-market opportunities to maximize artist exposure to core demographic as needed.
- Act as point person for assigned projects to collate all department information and relay back to artists’ management in a concise and strategic way
- 10+ years prior experience at record label/music company with extensive marketing focus
- 5+ years experience building and leading a marketing team
- Demonstrated experience in attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong marketing, project management, and problem solving skills
- Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities
- Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of music
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or MBA preferred
About The Orchard:
The Orchard is a leading music, film and video distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry.
For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.