Role Title: Artist Marketing Manager
Location: 2 Canal Reach, London, NIC 4DB
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: N/a until the position is filled.
Type: Permanent role
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are looking for an Artist Marketing Manager with experience, knowledge and understanding of the black music space in the UK to join our the Artist Services team. Reporting into the Director of Artist Marketing, the Artist Marketing Manager will effectively and creatively manage all aspects of marketing campaigns for assigned Orchard artists as approved artist services campaigns.
As an Artist Marketing Manager, you will manage all marketing activity in-line with commercial objectives and approved budget. Build and maintain strong relationships with artist management, key internal departments and external agencies/suppliers.
What does an Artist Marketing Manager do?
- Manage assigned campaigns for a diverse range of artists
- Effectively manage marketing spend in-line with approved budget and project KPIs
- Create and oversee integrated, cost-effective and profitable D2C campaigns
- Ensure timely delivery of all aspects of the marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones
- Keep aware of the trends and opportunities that provide us with a chance to market the artist effectively
- Work effectively to deliver an overall campaign that reflects the vision and goals of the artist, management or label alongside the strategy of the agreed marketing plan
- Communicating with management and artists on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and generally maintain a good working relationship
- Work cross functionally with other departments (such as label management, interactive marketing, retail marketing, physical, international, sync) to ensure flow of information throughout the campaign and to provide new business opportunities
- Supply physical and digital sales teams with all materials necessary for selling releases into retail with maximum impact
Sharing information around acts with press & promotion departments so that each side has necessary tools for maximising impact across media
- Working with the international department to maximise the artist’s potential globally
- Be aware of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity
- Represent The Orchard in meetings with existing and potential artists & artist management
Who you are:
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the black music space in the United Kingdom
- Experience within a label or artist management dealing with frontline release campaigns
- Knowledge and experience of artist and label services including campaign management, budget management and physical distribution.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally.
- Resourceful, accountable, and takes initiative – an expert troubleshooter
Passionate about independent music and artist development
We offer you a challenging position in a creative and dynamic environment. You are able to bring in your own ideas in our open atmosphere and within flat hierarchies and become part of The Orchard’s successful team worldwide.