Senior Promotions Manager at The Orchard, London.
The Orchard has an opening for the position of Senior Manager, Promotions in the Artist Services team.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Artist Marketing, the candidate will be responsible for providing strategy and insight for The Orchard’s artists in our artist services roster across TV, radio, and press. They should be armed with a deep contacts book of relationships across all of these disciplines. The candidate will oversee external promotions teams and manage those relationships in tandem with the relevant marketing managers.
What you will do
- Oversee external pluggers for campaigns across a diverse range of music
- Hire external promo teams where necessary in tandem with the product manager
- Provide strategic input towards artist campaigns
- Conduct regular meetings with key stakeholders at radio, TV, and press with DJs, producers and Heads of
- Music including weekly plugging appointments
- Secure airplay, playlists and other opportunities across radio networks for the roster
- Stay up-to-date with latest trends and opportunities for artists on our roster
- Sharing best practices within the marketing team
- Work closely with management, artist and marketing teams to ensure cohesive strategy
- Attend artist planning meetings with wider team
- Collate and send reports to clients
- Represent The Orchard at relevant promo, shows and networking events
Who you are
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the UK music landscape across all main genres
- At least 5 years experience within a promotions department at a label/artist services company or within the radio industry is required
- Excellent knowledge of the radio, TV, and press world, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally
- A deep book of contacts across radio, TV, and press across both senior and editorial positions
- Proactive, resourceful, accountable, and takes initiative – an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about independent music and artist development