The Senior Label Manager will be the first point of contact for a number of labels, artists and managers. Working with internal and external teams, you will craft, create and coordinate effective and bespoke campaigns, over a number of different projects and across different musical genres.
Your professional and confident approach will enable you to build and maintain strong relationships with labels, artist management, as well as key external agencies and suppliers. The position will be based in the London office.
The Orchard, currently celebrating 20 years in business, is a pioneering music and film company, distributing music from artists such as Skepta, Alter Bridge, Billy Bragg and Run The Jewels. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world.
At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
- Label Management of a varied portfolio of clients.
- To be the main point of contact at The Orchard for represented labels and artist management contacts.
- Responsible for full label support, often including the coordination and product development of physical & digital releases at both an artist and label level.
- Managing, organising and overseeing label/release presentations.
- Budgeting, asset management, scheduling of releases, involvement in and regularly, full coordination of the team, overseeing all represented retail marketing and sales areas – physical, digital, UK and International.
- Working alongside various teams, artists and managers to deliver strategic and innovative marketing promotions that are integral with all other aspects of the campaign.
- Supply Sales Department with all materials necessary for selling releases into retail with maximum impact.
- Expedite ‘best practise’ in all aspects of campaign execution.
- Generating and supervising integrated, cost effective and profitable D2C campaigns.
- Keeping abreast of all industry developments and be ready to utilise this knowledge in building the strategy of a campaign or release.
- Physical stock control.
- Company representation in meetings with existing and potential clients.
- Bringing in new business.
- A source of guidance to clients for system related issues and concerns.
- Working pro-actively with all departments to ensure effective workflow and deliver new business opportunities.
- Ambitious individual, with experience at a record label, distributor or similar.
- An understanding of the marketplace, including, but not limited to, labels and distribution but also editorial and content facilitators within the industry particularly those in the UK.
- Familiarity with campaign management across the entire product life cycle, including budgets as well as internal and external teams.
- Working knowledge of digital technologies and metadata standard as well as the physical supply chain process.
- Awareness of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- Ability to organise and prioritise effectively, over multiple releases and often, territories.
- Good communication and networking skills, with the capacity to identify key relationships and develop them accordingly.
- Confident to work autonomously but also as part of a team.
- A willingness to approach new areas of business, with a positive and considered attitude.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Passionate about music.
Please send CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.