Job title: Senior Assistant, Neighbouring Rights Royalties
Company: The Orchard
The Orchard are looking for a Senior Assistant to join us who has strong an analytical, detail-oriented and organised individual with great communication skills. Working closely with the Kollective Neighbouring Rights team, this role supports the KNR division in their royalties processing function.
What you will do
- Manipulation of incoming source royalty statements for the ingestion of data to our proprietary system.
- Liaise with other NR teams to ensure royalty statements are received and processed in a timely manner.
- Match recordings, contributors and territories reported by the Collective Management Organisations to our database, ensuring accurate onward reporting to our clients
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex royalty reconciliation and processing issues.
- Perform month-end quality assurance and review tasks.
- Utilise Excel, SQL and other third-party tools to provide royalty reports and analysis upon request.
- Assist with onboarding and training of new starters.
- Collaborate with Technology teams to enhance Sales Processing systems and workflow.
- Take on additional ad hoc tasks as needed.
Who you are
- Experience in royalty administration/processing at a record label, publisher or collection society.
- Strong proficiency in all MS Office programmes – especially Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Highly numerate.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient relational database user.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop interpersonal relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and time-constrained environment with maximum focus.
- Experience querying databases using SQL is advantageous.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Please note that applicants must be at least 18 years of age.