The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Release Planner to support our Artist Services Team in our London office. You will play a vital role in the creation, maintenance and delivery of all Orchard UK Artists Services releases, working closely with Orchard Product Managers to steer release schedules in line with production and supply chain needs.
You will be responsible for onboarding new clients onto our platform, setting up releases and managing both digital and physical products through our supply chain. You will act as a constant and reliable source of advice and expertise to Product Managers (PMs), always striving to add maximum value to their releases and campaigns. You must have a minimum of two years relevant experience at a distributor, label or management company.
A passion for music and the industry are a must. Your professional and confident approach will enable you to build and maintain strong relationships with your colleagues and external suppliers alike. The Orchard is a fast-paced environment, you’ll have plenty of support but we’ll also need you to stand on your own two feet, to work independently, conscientiously and with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith and Raye. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
What you will do
- Be the first point of contact for and maintain strong day-to-day relationships with Orchard PMs, to ensure all release planning needs are satisfied.
- Liaise with other internal business areas, particularly Digital Operations and Physical Departments to ensure set up, delivery, launch and release of all Artist & Label Services product runs like clockwork.
- Offer advice and guidance to PMs to ensure release schedules are realistic and in line with production requirements and supply chain deadlines.
- Set up releases in Orchard “workstation” as required. Set clients up with logins and provide basic workstation training and support to clients when sought.
- Proof digital metadata using Orchard technology systems to ensure all releases are delivered to required specifications and in a timely manner.
- Work with Orchard Manufacturing Manager to coordinate manufacturing, ensuring all stock requirements and deadlines are met.
- Monitor stock levels across all supply chains, organise restocks and destruction according to demand.
- Consistently inform and educate Orchard PMs with best practice across the business areas you are responsible for.
Who you are
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a music distributor, label or management environment.
- A strong understanding of digital distribution and metadata requirements.
- Experienced in the creation and distribution life cycle of physical releases.
- Strong attention to detail. You are highly organisational skills and know how to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- A brilliant all round communicator – on phone, email and in person. You have the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business and the capacity to identify and develop key relationships.
- A willingness to approach new areas of business, with a positive and considered attitude.
- An expert troubleshooter. You are resourceful, take initiative and perform well under pressure.
Someone with supreme attention to detail and follow-through skills.